Operations Management Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, Engineering Jobs,
Senior Operations Manager
Your primary responsibilities will consist of 4 categories:
- Oversee our day-to-day processing operations, ensuring that processing operations are running efficiently and effectively. This includes managing the processing department staff and resources and ensuring that processing targets are met.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Quality Control team to ensure all QMS processes and SOPs are tracked to ensure the highest standard of fish is delivered to our branch network
- Develop and implement strategies to improve operational efficiency and productivity by developing new processes or procedures, identifying, and resolving operational issues, and implementing quality control measures to ensure processing output meets the required standards.
- Set and monitor processing KPIs, and making necessary adjustments to ensure that these KPIs are met or exceeded. You will also work with other departments such as LCs and Sales to ensure processing operations area aligned with overall organizational goals and objectives.
FARM LOGISTICS PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Oversee day-to-day Lake Logistics Operations, by working closely with the Lake Logistics Manager to ensure key targets are met or exceeded.
- Work closely with the Lake Logistics Manager to develop and implement strategies to optimize the use of resources, minimize costs, and maximize efficiency. You will also collaborate with other departments such as production to ensure logistics operations are aligned with the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Oversee the management of logistics resources such as boats and other equipment and be responsible for developing and implementing safety policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and monitoring key KPIs related to logistics operations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation to enhance logistics operations.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize warehouse operations, improve inventory management, and minimize costs. You will be responsible overseeing receipt, storage, and distribution of items within the warehouse and ensuring they meet the required standards.Specifically oversee management of resources such as staff, equipment, and space within the warehouse. You will develop and guide implementation safety policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and monitoring KPIs related to warehouse operations.
- Optimizing processes including deployment of automated tools to simplify the inventory management process.
- Make informed decisions regarding inventory management, order fulfillment, and distribution / issuance strategies.
ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- Develop and implement strategies to improve EHS standards, minimize risks, and ensure
- compliance with regulations; while collaborating with other departments such as Corporate Affairs and Human Resources to ensure that EHS policies and procedures are aligned with overall organizational goals and practices.
- Oversee development and implementation of EHS policies and procedures including risk assessments, incident reporting, and emergency response plans.
- Work closely with the EHS Supervisor in developing training programs on EHS policies and procedures for employees and that they are aware of their responsibilities about maintaining a safe workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- 10+ years of experience in managing operations, logistics, and supply chain functions within an organization.
- Capacity to understand complex operations and challenges, break them down into problems that can then be tackled and resolve them.
- Attention to detail and data driven approach to constantly improve operations and ensure consistency in delivering value to other parts of the business, day in, day out.
- Experience in managing multiple teams across different functions.
- Ability to thrive working collaboratively with both senior colleagues and more junior ones, solving problems independently, and in a fast-paced environment.
- A successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, ability to work in teams, intellectual curiosity, and ability to structure and solve problems.
- Master’s degree in operations management, Supply chain, Logistics, or any relevant engineering degree.
Application Deadline: 28 th June 2023
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe,timely and sustainable manner.
- Conduct on-site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings…).
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications.
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs.
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status.
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials.
- Perform other relevant tasks as instructed by your direct report.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- At least 6+ years’ experience in construction projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D and design skills.
- Experienced with handling BOQs and project planning.
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Prepare and share updates with management and senior executives.
- Planning and organization skills, ability to independently prioritize tasks.
- A demonstrated commitment to professionalism, a strong work ethic, high standards & integrity.
Application Deadline: 28th June 2023
Quality Assurance Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or experience in quality control strongly preferred.
- Background in industrial engineering/process design a plus.
- Ability to thrive working collaboratively with senior colleagues, solve problems independently, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a strong work ethic, ability to work in teams and implement and test solutions.
- Knowledge of HACCP approach or other management system relevant to a food industry (fish in particular).
- Flexibility in terms of scheduling and planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure end-to-end product quality across the value chain (from farm to table) by gathering, reviewing, and interpreting data.
- Identify opportunities to improve systems.
- Conducing quality inspections, observing processes, and taking measurements.
- Perform root cause analysis on any quality issues in the value chain.
- Ensure calibration and verification of measuring equipment and other tools of work in the value chain is done.
- Partner with colleagues across the value chain to identify and implement improvements to current processes.
- Review and observe current processes and identify inefficiencies or gaps in current process.
- Flag process improvement opportunities and propose solutions to current challenges.
- Conduct staff trainings on food safety and handling
Application Deadline: 23rd June 2023
Human Resource Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management from a reputable University.
- CHRP certification will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ HR experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information systems (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Reports preparation including Probation Reports, Leave Reports, New Hires Reports.
- Contract Management including drafting and sharing contracts with employees.
- Employee relations including attending disciplinary meetings and taking minutes, sharing letters with the necessary parties for signing and storing the signed copies.
- Attend HR and Sales Representative meetings, take minutes, record attendance, give a summary of issues raised and not addressed.
- Manage new hires and exits documentation.
- Participate in recruitment of new staff, share interview summaries and vacancy reports.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Assist in payroll related reports.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Deadline: 25 th June 2023
Method of Application
Please send your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the job title “Senior Operations Manager” as the subject of the email.