Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business Administration jobs, Information Technology jobs, Communication jobs,
Communication Associate (Video and Photo Editor), SC6 (178564)
The Video editor will:
- Deliver video content for engaging and retaining partners, supporters and individual giving donor audiences, to increase income and also raise brand awareness.
- Storyboard, script, develop and edit a variety of video products to brief and tight schedule, to engage specific supporter and donor audiences with the work of WFP. Products could include social media edits (15”, 30”, 60”), edits of DRTV ads or digital ads, as well as donor engagement videos, b-roll packages, animated shorts.
- As requested, travel to the field to film staff, beneficiaries or other contributors for video products.
- Support colleagues in the field to collect video story content using best practice.
- Quickly and efficiently create, edit and deliver emergency video products using photo, footage and key messages, to ensure timely public awareness and fundraising.
- Develop scripts and narratives for all video content using statistics/ key messages supplied by the CAM team or other units.
- Working with the Communications officer, develop a roster of freelance film-makers across the region and support country offices with briefing freelancers for brand and story consistency.
- Ensure consistent use of title graphics and color palette across all video products within the region.
- Work within the agreed content ingestion protocols and postproduction workflows of the WFP DAM (Digital Asset Management) system, and independently upload all video products with metadata to the DAM.
- Ensure all content produced in the region is uploaded on WFP DAM system and regularly upload edited videos by liaising with CAM team in country offices.
- Update the HQ social media database with social media posts produced by the RBN team.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Produced a regular flow of video content (exact pieces of content to be determined with the CAM team and key stakeholder teams) including an explainer video series, case study-focused videos and other video products to support the regional communications strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRERED:
- A first degree in a relevant field with related work experience. Additional relevant qualifications and/or training courses will be an advantage.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience with filming, video editing and post-production of fundraising and brand products. Samples of work will be required to demonstrate experiences
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to explain and translate to film complicated concepts across a range of cultures and geographies to a diverse audience
- Ability to work with WFP teams, and other freelances to deliver on-brief, compelling multimedia story content
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Self-taught learner willing to read and keep up-to-date on technological changes;
- Excellent working knowledge of developing video and photo content for traditional media as well as major social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter LinkedIn;
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English. French, Swahili or Arabic is a plus.
- Proactively engage and interact with the Head of Automation to propose process optimizations through automation tools;
- Oversight of delivery of prioritised automation requests;
- Manage business expectations in delivery and oversee success of process automation, seeking ongoing opportunities to support or increase business value;
- Coordinate management of progress, assessing impact of challenges or delays, identifying solutions and escalating issues to the attention of the Head of Automation and Automation Working Group where necessary;
- Coordinate initial analysis of requests to identify and propose appropriate tool selection;
- Oversee and coordinate the solution delivery of the automation tools within TEC;
- Create and maintain the Improvement Canvas outlining the vision of the product;
- Create and maintain the Product Roadmap outlining the evolution of the product;
- Present the Product Roadmap for endorsement to the TEC Demand Assessment Board (DAB), when updated;
- Manage the product budget, and prepare cost estimates based on the IT Solution Architect’s high- level effort estimates;
- Keep track of the consumption of purchased time-and-materials quotas;
- Provide guidance to vendors concerning the submission of consumption reports and invoices;
- Approve consumption reports for the insertion of the corresponding Service Entry Sheets;
- In collaboration with the TEC’s Head of Sourcing, create and renew Purchase Orders;
- Report periodically on progress to the portfolio board, informing them of any issues/risks requiring attention. Identify and escalate issues that could affect the product outcomes, timeline or budget.
- Any other duties as required.
- A well-defined service vision and up-to-date product roadmaps fully aligned with business roadmaps and the needs of end-users.
- Digital services operating within the defined target KPI values.
- A high level of satisfaction of the Stakeholders, IT Solution Architects, and Development Teams in relation to soft-skills such as effective communication, conflict management, strategic contributions to product’s success, leadership skills, etc.
- Contribution to improvement of shared processes and tools.
- Build strong partnerships to mobilize resources and implement process automation
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related fields.
- Minimum six years post graduate experience with product/project management, and a proven track record of planning, leading and executing related projects.
- Working experience with service management tools and automation tools.
- Experience in coordinating integration activities between corporate platforms.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Agile and Scrum.
- Knowledge of Product and Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Experience gathering business and user requirements.
- Ability to influence cross-functionally to manage projects within a matrix environment.
- Ability to manage budget, resources and risks.
- Ability to manage Stakeholders also at senior levels.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.