Business Analytics jobs, Computer Science jobs, Statistics jobs, Pharmaceutical Technology jobs,
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Engage Various Stakeholders to understand their business & data needs and collaborate in formulating sound business questions that can be answered with data. You are our in-house data expert, so we need you to advise us!
- Data Analysis using SQL queries, advanced Excel functions, and other relevant tools to uncover insights and trends in healthcare data.
- Data Visualization & Reporting by utilizing business intelligence tools (primarily Power BI) to build interactive dashboards based on user requirements.
- Communicate Insights & Recommendations based on data findings in order to answer key business questions and support strategic decision-making.
- Support Business Processes Improvement by identifying opportunities to automate and streamline existing reporting processes, reducing manual efforts and improving efficiency.
- Data Infrastructure Maintenance by collaborating with cross-functional teams to define data requirements, identify data quality issues, and ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Continue to build Penda’s culture. Actively contribute to the breaking down of any barriers, resolve conflicts as they arise, and be an amazing team mate to all your fellow staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Proficient in data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar and SQL/database management systems
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, functions, and data manipulation.
- Familiarity with healthcare data and knowledge of relevant industry processes and standards is a plus.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
Offer amazing patient experience!
- Work with clinical officers to ensure safe, economical and rational use of drugs and other pharmaceutical products
- Treat patients with empathy and understanding.
- Listen to patients and make them feel heard.
- Go above and beyond in meeting patients’ needs.
- Maintains the highest regard for patient dignity and experience.
Manage a complex formulary
- Implement high standards of drug storage, usage, cost effectiveness and ensure cleanliness of the medicine storage areas by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; preparing labels and removing outdated drugs.
- Check the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and adhering to the SOPs in place.
- Safeguard pharmacy stocks and conduct stock takes as per the standard operating procedures.
Be an amazing teammate!
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of all the changes that occur in the Pharmaceutical field.
- Be an integral member of the whole medical centre team when it comes to providing an amazing patient experience, doing community outreach, and marketing Penda’s services.
- You are punctual to your point of work when scheduled, and you communicate with your manager in any situation where you are unable to keep time.
- Always be open to feedback from other medical centre teammates, and you offer constructive feedback to teammates as needed.
- Perform any other duties as required by the branch manager.
Qualifications and attributes for the position holder
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology and with a valid license
- Minimum 2 year experience in health or community related work.
- Ability to interact well with patients.
- Great team player with drive for results.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- General computer proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Kiswahili.