Human Resources jobs, Project Management jobs,International Organizations Jobs,
Human Resources Manager
- RTI is hiring a Human Resources (HR) Manager on the recently awarded USAID-funded T Power Africa Empowering East and Central Africa (EECA) activty. The HR Specialist will be responsible for the administration, coordination and facilitation of HR programs, processes, and operational support services for the Empowering East and Central Africa (EECA) activity. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to the Program Management Unit Senior Director.
Responsibilities of the HR Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Manage HR operations support to the project including compensation and benefits management, HR information management, performance management, conflict resolution, HR communications, and personnel file compliance. Supports employment and recruitment-related activities for national and regional staff.
- Conduct national and regional recruitment by drawing on RTI’s database of technical experts and by leveraging recruitment networks.
- Be part of the Operations Start-Up team to support processing of documentation for onboarding full-time positions, STTA contracts, regulatory filings, etc.
- Coordinate with the Africa Regional HR team as needed to ensure compliance with RTI policies and procedures and local labor requirements.
- Provide support in developing job descriptions, keeping them updated with evolving requirements, and posting job requisitions.
- Review incoming applications and screen shortlisted candidates.
- Arrange the interview schedule and ensure all interview feedback is completed.
- Collect the candidates’ necessary documents, support reference checks and ensure reference check completion.
- Prepare and send offers to selected candidates after ensuring proper approval.
- Facilitate and arrange the on-boarding process for new hires.
- Advise on organizational structure as appropriate; respond to HR and recruitment needs across the project offices.
- Support and advise on staff performance management and professional development needs, including the project’s participation in RTI’s performance and development program.
- Deliver and support employee engagement and motivation activities.
- Support benchmarking of compensation.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience, master’s degree and 10 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years experience in an HR management role.
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources.
- Familiarity with international development systems and policies. USAID experience preferred. High degree of professionalism, discretion, and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong negotiator with ability for partnership and collaboration.
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and HR systems.
Program Management Unit Senior Director
- RTI is seeking a Program Management Unit Senior Director for the newly awarded Power Africa Empowering East and Central Africa (EECA) Activity. The Director will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in all operations and management aspects of the project. This position will be responsible for overseeing all financial management, procurement, sub-grants, logistics, security, and operations on the project. Candidates should possess a mix of strong management, administrative, financial, and sub-grant experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Chief of Party in all operations and management aspects of the project.
- Ensure proper administration of the project and oversee all financial, procurement, sub grants, and operational areas of responsibility, ensuring alignment with activity times/objectives and compliance with RTI and USAID policies and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, procurement plans, deliverables tracking, budget tracking etc., in assigned areas of responsibility.
- In coordination with the Finance team and project leadership, monitor and review project budget and expenditures, financial forecasts and metrics, to ensure project financial goals are met.
- Responsible for the accuracy of project timelines, tasks, milestones, resource requirements, costs, risks and execution.
- Track and report quarterly on programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting.
- Produces operations-related reports and updates for deliverable reporting and project success stories.
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to identify and manage risks and actively participates in the resolution of performance issues with project staff and sub-contractors or sub-awardees.
- Assist Chief of Party in managing all aspects of staffing and creating/maintaining a clear organizational structure with specific roles, responsibilities and reporting lines.
- Develop partnerships with client, implementers, and stakeholders and foster coordination.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years of experience, Master’s degree and 12 years of experience, PhD and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience implementing projects that are similar to this activity in terms of complexity, scope, and budget on USAID programming.
- Extensive experience managing operations functions, including finance, grants, procurement and HR.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation policies and procedures related to grants, procurements, and subcontracts.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff.
- Verbal and written fluency in English
Grants and Partnership Manager- Kenya Primary Literacy Program
Responsibilities of the Grants and Partnership Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the DCOP and Finance and Administrative Director to develop and manage all aspects of the Youth Grants and Partnership Fund.
- Work closely with the COP to leverage private sector support for relevant Kenya Primary Literacy Program activities.
- Oversee the Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Specialist that supports the activity’s outreach and engagement with the private sector.
- Support the development and updating of relevant manuals for the funds.
- Coordinate with the technical team to conduct outreach and build awareness among local organizations and private sector actors about these funds.
- Maintain a strong financial management system for grant activities, including accurate tracking of finances and ensure an audit trail for all necessary documentation for grant recipients, and verification process for all private sector resources leveraged.
- Contribute to regular reporting on the results of activities, including by providing information required for annual and quarterly reports, as well as for other work planning, monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Work with technical teams and grantees on concept development, grant development, compliance, and implementation.
- Monitor grantees implementation and progress, in collaboration with technical teams, through frequent collaboration and learning and adaptation (CLA) feedback loops.
- Analyze recipient funding requests and technical reports, as appropriate.
- Manage a $1 million Partnership Fund
- Support the leverage of matching funds from the private sector to support KPLP interventions while promoting private sector partnerships and sustainability, such as ICT private/public sectors and other stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage the competitive grant award cycle for the $3 million Youth Fund, with responsibility for procuring, selecting, and awarding grants to qualified youth-led organizations to provide community-supported remediation services and educate and help families to support at home learning.
- Assess, identify, and begin addressing the specific capacity needs of selected youth organizations, such as financial management, monitoring activities, tracking and reporting development progress, etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience, Master’s degree and 10 years of experience, PhD and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience managing projects, ideally those related to primary grade reading.
- Grants management experience, preferably in Kenya or East Africa.
- Experience building the capacity of local organizations to implement and manage development projects is highly desired.
- A proven ability to identify high-potential business ideas, demonstrated experience working collaboratively with youth and/or institutional and private sector partners, and
- Experience implementing activities designed to leverage private sector resources to support development goals.
- Demonstrated skills managing and ensuring strong relationships with private sector partners;
- Fluency in English.
LEGO Kenya – Technical Director
- Provide technical leadership and assistance on the overall approach with a real focus on teacher professional development; as well as approaches for testing and scaling up teacher professional development approaches to improve learning outcomes
- Leads efforts to identify and incorporate best practices and innovations into programming and ensure that the best practices and innovations are documented and disseminated
- Coordination of technical approaches, content development, and influence across field sites; ensuring lessons learned, practices and evidence are shared across camps, settlements, and local communities
- Support program staff to use project data to track progress and engage in meaningful course correction discussions at regular and frequent intervals; as well as ensure data is tailored to facilitate similar discussions at the global and senior management level
- Leads the development and oversees the implementation of technical quality assurance strategies and activities, including technical guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and supportive supervision
- Provide ongoing capacity building, training and technical assistance as needed of program staff, government counterparts, humanitarian coordination decision makers and partners to ensure high quality programs with a focus on uptake and use of effective teacher professional development approaches
- Oversee a team of education technical experts
- Represent the project’s evidence, lessons learned, and achievements in external meetings, panels and conferences; as well as participate in technical working groups as relevant.
- Give input to relevant communication materials such as fact sheets, briefs, papers, and presentations that can be disseminated and used for influence at the national and global level
- Conduct regular visits to project sites, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure proper implementation and monitoring of project activities as well as facilitate work planning and regular technical meetings for all project partners
- Produce inputs to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for the Project Director and donors, as needed
- Advanced degree (PhD or MA) in education, or closely related field
- At least six years’ experience in education programming with a PhD or at least 10 years’ experience in education programming with a MA
- At least four years of experience with work specifically in crisis or conflict-affected contexts is required, preferably in East Africa
- Significant prior experience with material development, active learning methodologies, and capacity building/training
- Experience in social emotional learning interventions, monitoring and evaluation, and research in relation to Education is highly desired. Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines is highly desired
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Fluency in English required
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time