Data, Business Analysis, AI,
Senior Data Scientist
The holder of this position will be responsible for managing the data science and engineering team, planning projects, and building analytics models. They should have a strong problem-solving ability and a knack for statistical analysis. The expectation for this role is to have proper understanding of the application of various tools, data mining, methodologies, statistical techniques, algorithms, and machine learning and AI principles to identify trends, patterns, and insights from raw data. The holder will extract meaning from data, uncover insights and identify opportunities to inform business decision making.
- Managing an agile team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data specialists.
- Leading in modern, secure, and scalable data mining, collection, and consolidation procedures
- Leading in evaluation of Machine Learning models to ensure to ensure they achieve over 98% performance.
- Delivery of Data Analytics solutions using common data science toolkits, such as Python, SAS, R, SPSS, etc.
- Conducting EDA, data extraction, data cleaning and documentation of created models.
- Delivering projects within the allocated timeline
- Use agile scrum framework in team and projects management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Data Science or related degree
- Proven working experience as a Data Scientist, ML Engineer, and skills as in Big Data Analysis ·
Machine learning skills:
- The Senior data scientist must have a deep understanding of machine learning techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, and reinforcement learning.
- The person should have strong programming skills in languages such as Python, R, or SQL, which is essential to develop and execute algorithms and models.
Big Data Experience:
- The job holder should have experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, or NoSQL
- Data visualization: Senior data scientists should be able to use data visualization tools to communicate insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in working with Big Data Cloud solutions.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and mentor a team of data warehouse engineers effectively (at least 2 years leading teams)
- Proper understanding of the Data Life Cycle Management · Strong analytical skills to identify patterns and insights from large and complex data sets.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.A
Additional Qualifications ·
Relevant trainings and certifications in Data Science, ML and AI · Experience in complex Data Science projects · Having aviation industry experience is an added experience.
Years of Experience
- Over 8 years’ experience and proven performance in design and implementation of Data Science and Analytics projects (including ML and AI projects), 2 of which were in leadership positions managing teams and project.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle process ·
- Good understanding of the Data Management Life Cycle
- Good understanding of Data Science methodologies
- The role holder will be responsible for analyzing data from a variety of sources, including ticket bookings and reservations, HR systems, finance, flight operations, customer loyalty program, and market trends, to identify patterns and insights that can inform business decisions.
- They will be tasked with production or modernization of analytical solutions (reports, dashboards, tools, platforms, etc.) for leadership and stakeholders across the organization that supports business initiatives.
- The data analyst provides consultation and support in the development, analysis, interpretation, and management of a variety of highly complex data sources to support process improvement, operations, strategy, and increased community satisfaction. The data analyst acts as content expert for data related to the area assigned.
- The data analyst assists in the identification of data quality (accuracy, completeness, etc.) issues, compares data output to ensure data accuracy and creates basic QA test plans and validates data for accuracy.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports.
- Communicating discoveries and insights in simple and intuitive reports and dashboards.
- Modelling data in the most appropriate models possible to answer business questions.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filtering, transforming, and cleaning data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and
- performance indicators to locate and correct data-related problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related degree ·
- Proficient in at least one programming language, such as Python or R, or related and be able to write scripts to automate data processing tasks.
- Should be working knowledge of relational, tabular and multidimensional data models.
- Should have a strong understanding of SQL and be able to write complex queries to extract data from databases.
- Strong skills in communicating data insights to stakeholders using tools such as Power BI, tableau, AWS Quick sight, Looker, Ms Excel and Ms PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge on how to clean and preprocess raw data to ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills · Excellent analytical skills (especially sales & market trends) · Ability to work independently & within teams.
- Excellent customer service & management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Exceptional leadership & organizational skills.
- Self-driven individual.
- Training and certification in Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Statistical tools, and techniques. ·
- Past experience working in the aviation industry is an added advantage.
Years of Experience (Minimum) ·
- At least 3 years’ experience working a fast-paced environment as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst or any other data analysis related role.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle process
- Good understanding of the Data Management Life Cycle
- Strong analytical skills to identify patterns and insights from large and complex data sets.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.