Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Nursing jobs, Midwifery jobs, Clinical Medicine jobs,
The lead mentor will work in the programs department of Jacaranda Health, focusing on the programmatic implementation of our EmONC MENTORSHIP which is a facility-based training program that equips frontline service providers with lifesaving EmONC skills and knowledge. The individual will work closely with county teams and the wider JH team to ensure the EmONC Mentorship program runs smoothly and efficiently in the allocated county thus improving EmONC knowledge and skill among healthcare providers working in the reproductive and maternal units.
- Support in-facility mentors to conduct facility based CMEs, simulation drills and delivery debriefs.
- Ensure all mentorship activities are implemented based on department key results and key performance indicators.
- Visit priority facilities to support in-facility mentors to ensure programs deliverables are achieved.
- Oversee data collection done by the in-facility mentors in the counties i.e. baseline, midline and endline data collection at the health facility level.
- Participate in conducting emergency obstetric and neonatal care(EmONC) skills and mentorship training for in facility mentors by planning, implementing and facilitating training, so as to equip in-facility mentors with necessary knowledge and skills needed to handle obstetric emergencies as well as mentor other healthcare workers in their own health facilities.
- Plan, coordinate and attend progressive review meetings and monthly virtual/physical mentorship meetings with the county reproductive health coordinators, in-facility mentors and sub-county reproductive health coordinators.
- Prepare and present weekly/monthly high quality county reports to the relevant authority for accountability.
- Provide solutions to mentorship challenges identified at the health facility.
- Advocate for uptake of other Jacaranda health programs such as PROMPTS, an AI-enabled SMS messaging service for pregnant mothers by inviting the PROMPTS team during mentorship training and monthly in facility mentors meetings.
- Communicate county challenges and/or opportunities with considered context-specific solutions/interventions to the senior regional program coordinator.
- Build and manage relationships with County, sub county and Health Facility teams to ensure smooth running of the program.
- Share quality of care reports with healthcare facilities and County management teams.
- To support mentorship training whenever needed.
- To carry out any other responsibilities as may be assigned within the scope of work.
- Diploma in nursing, midwifery, clinical medicine or its equivalent
- Emergency obstetric and neonatal care(EMONC) skills
- Registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya or Clinical Officers Council.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a busy maternity or reproductive health departments
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office and G-Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets)
- Facilitation & Coordination skills
- Coaching and mentorship skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- People management skills
- Proactive & Team player
- Upholds high levels of Integrity and is reliable
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work effectively with team in a culturally diverse environments