Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Nursing jobs, Entry level jobs, Healthcare jobs,
- Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nursing Officer In Charge, the nurse will be directly responsible for;
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with specific conditions as prescribed by the clinician.
- Identify and manage, as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing long-term conditions.
- Supervise incentive staff working in the specific ward.
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment, and procedures are properly carried out and documented in the patient’s charts.
- Perform bedside nursing.
- Escort patients to other referral hospitals when necessary.
- Do hospital coverage and on-call as required.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients.
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory reports of the same.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers, and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Supervise incentive staff working in RH and EPI at a designated clinic.
- Assist the Clinical Officer in the management of Health Clinic and whenever required.
- Together with the Clinical Officer organize for adequate clinic coverage when required.
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas.
- Ability to provide overall leadership at the assigned ward or department.
- Ensure timely and quality health care services to refugees.
- Maintain accurate inventory and ensure rational use of medical supplies and drugs.
- Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution.
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
Required Experience & Competencies.
- At least 2 years’ working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Computer literate.
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage.