Procurement jobs, Nursing jobs, Midwifery jobs, Clinical Medicine jobs, Store-keeping jobs, Supply Chain jobs,
- Participate in the assessment process in line with the participants selection criteria for specific training by working with the programs team to ensure the right audience attend the training
- Participate in planning for training -within the organization, at the counties, learning’s and private institutions by collaborating with the Programs managers & team to come up with schedules for timely and smooth implementation
- Planning for Virtual CMEs( Continuous Medical Education) and webinars on request and making sure the CPD( Continuous professional development) codes are requested from the Nursing council of Kenya by collaborating with the programs team in order to ascertain easy flow of training sessions and smooth execution of the task.
- Manage inventories in the training/simulation center and ensure the training materials and equipment are complete and in good working condition ready for next training by updating the inventory trackers weekly
- Participate in Innovative training approaches by coming up with different ways of impacting knowledge such as virtual Continuous medical Education and Digital EmONC learning training assistant( DELTA) to improve knowledge and skills of health care providers
- Ensuring that all the training content is updated by participating in the review and development of EmONC content for the mentorship program (i.e. develop content for CME (Continuous Medical Education), drills, timetables, evaluation tools and DELTA(digital EmONC learning and training Assistant)) with reference to the relevant ministry of health guidelines
- Conduct training in Jacaranda Health, so as to equip the participants with necessary knowledge and skill needed to give quality and safe care to mothers and babies as well as mentor their peers.
- Preparing the participant certificates and ensuring they are signed by the relevant county management teams by liaising with the Senior Regional coordinators.
- Supporting , supervising and orienting the newly employed lead mentors and programs officers to ensure they are on boarded smoothly to a point where they run the assigned counties effectively by conducting training and coaching the Infacility mentors at the facility level .
- Ensure the training content is delivered within the stipulated quality assurance guidelines.
- Ensuring that Key performance indicators are attained in every training by timely delivering the pretest and post-test to evaluate the participants to measure the success of the training and ensuring the content has been well understood by the trainees
- With the support of Lead Mentors, identify and address knowledge & skills gaps from the baseline and mid-line assessments of set tests to make sure the right CMEs content is captured .
- Conducting baseline and end line examinations during training by teaming up with the other trainers to administer pretest and post-test to the participant in order to assess the knowledge and skills competencies of the trainees
- Compiling both external and internal reports immediately after the training by ensuring all the activities are captured, well analyzed and evaluations are correctly recorded thus provide a comprehensive view of how the training was conducted
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in nursing or midwifery or clinical medicine or its equivalent
- Emergency obstetric and neonatal care(EMONC) skills and Mentorship training
- Registered by the relevant professional body
- At least 1 years experience as a confirmed Jacaranda health EmONC lead Mentor with timely updated facility and county data as per the indicator dashboards or 2 years work experience in the reproductive health field
- Excellent Facilitation / training skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Budget management skills.
- Quality assurance in training
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS( Microsoft office ) Office and G-Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets) and basic understanding of data analysis using excel or any other software
- Flexible and able to adapt to short notice changes including travel whenever required
- Leadership skills
- Critical and strategic thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- People management skills.
- Upholds high levels of Integrity and is reliable
- Proactive with ability to pay attention to detail
- A willingness to learn.
- Ability to work effectively with teams in a culturally diverse environment
Senior Procurement Coordinator
- Adherence to the procurement policy, plans and processes ensuring compliance with standard best practices.
- Coordinate and support procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, source and evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following the procurement policy to contribute to successful procurement of; specific project procurement, training supplies, commodities and other services.
- Provide contract management services including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, addressing delays, troubleshooting problems, assisting in contract amendments, and ensuring completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Track and analyze data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Documentation of all project approvals and procurement’s records submitted and approved by the relevant parties and according to the procurement policy.
- Collate procurement data and reports for performance optimization of programs while consistently aligning with the supervisor.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, service providers, companies, etc. to align procurement activities with wider programs and ensure a coherent approach to meeting programmatic needs
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure Jacaranda is able to quickly respond and deploy equipment, training supplies and other items and services to field and/or county offices Protect project procurement activity from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Coordinating the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs with support from the supervisor.
- Understand the fundamentals of Risk Management, Assessment and Mitigation to ensure that all risks across the Procurement and Project Management focus areas are identified and dealt with.
- Ensure that beneficial, ethical, and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies.
- Review requisition documentation, cost estimates, statements of work, etc. against procurement plans and budgets.
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications.
- Determine source selection methods for complex procurement’s to ensure compliance
- University degree in a Procurement related field is preferred or any Business-related area.
- Advanced certification in CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) is a must have.
- Six (6) years or more postgraduate progressive professional experience in supply chain management.
- Experience in NGO/Private sector procurement is advantageous.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in procurement procedures and regulations, project administration and follow-up, and contract management.
- Experience with procurement activities (Vendor Management, Commodity/Product/Service Intelligence, Systems & Reporting, Tendering and Contracting and Ethics and Compliance etc.).
- Experience conducting cost analysis.
- Experience working with vendors or other partners
- Tendering & Contracting-Demonstrates ability to establish and manage small contracts/ portions of larger contracts that enhance the value Jacaranda obtains from its engagements (e.g., cost, efficiency, quality).
- Vendor Management-Demonstrates working knowledge and understanding of the supplier network and business needs to effectively develop a value-based selection criteria Commodity/Product/Service Intelligence -Selects appropriate products and/or services in their own area based on a basic understanding of sources, country requirements, and public procurement principles/practices.
- Systems & Reporting-Demonstrates strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct a range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.
- Ethics & Compliance-Demonstrates ability to collect, collate and report records relating to ethics and compliance to assist in the analysis of audit findings.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Budgeting skills.
- Data-driven decision making
- Collaboration and leadership
- Communication, organization, negotiation and influencing skills
- Transparency and Accountability
- Relationship building
Terms of Engagement
- One year contract, renewable.