Human Resources, HR, Managerial Jobs,
Manager – People and Culture
Our client – Sense of Africa is one of Africa’s leading inbound Tour Operators with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Namibia and Botswana is seeking to hire a MANAGER – PEOPLE & CULTURE. The ideal candidate will bring excellent administrative and employee leadership to a progressive organization. The candidate will also be expected to contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate and build an innovative culture as well as build a world-class employer brand that attracts and retains the best talent.
The role will focus on creating and delivering people practices which develop – and maintain – positive working relationships between the organization and people.
- Champion Employee Welfare and Relations.
- Lead and provide creative solutions to strengthen the People team and enable the organization to perform effectively together.
- Manage training budget and take care of employee learning and development activities
- Overseeing all People practices to ensure they are legally compliant and espouse the company values and culture.
- Support and facilitate the preparation of staff newsletter content and other reports to communicate information about employee welfare and organizational actions taken.
- Implement and analyze necessary HR metrics to highlight successful practices
- Ensure regular update of the HR Manual and alignment to the employment Act and Labor Laws
- Supporting the development and deployment of Employee Engagement surveys and any other employee experience surveys and interactions with staff.
- Develop and monitor HR policies and procedures across the organization
- Ensure employer branding related activities to attract potential candidates
- Participate, Lead in the hiring process and conduct all HR-related tasks
- Take ownership of the execution of the employee motivation system/benefits package
- Take ownership of the execution of the employee performance system
- Develop internally used HR system
- and identify areas for improvements, to ensure exceptional employee experience
- Organize company events, and training, ensure effective communication with employees
- Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Team player and strong collaborator
- Interpersonal skills
- Agility – learning ability
- Industry expert
- Result focus
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in generalist human resources management
- Knowledge of Labour Laws and Employment Act
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed and up-to-date CV/resume, as well as a covering letter explaining what makes them suitable for this position to email@example.com and HR@senseofafrica.co.ke by 5th September 2022.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.