Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Development Studies, International Affairs, Economics, Business administration, Social Sciences,
Programme Policy Officer (Mobile Money Transfer) SC8, Nairobi (150184)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Transfer Management Team Leader and overall supervision of the Head of Programme, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure that mobile money transfers and related processes within Somalia Country Office are managed according to WFP corporate guidelines, standards and procedures;
- Contribute to the establishment and refinement of SOPs, internal controls and procedures related to mobile money transfers
- Offer adequate support to WFP Area offices and Cooperating Partners to ensure good quality registration data in SCOPE in line with mobile money transfer requirements.
- Strengthen the capacity of WFP and CP staff in implementing mobile money transfer programmes
- Contribute to new innovations for mobile money transfers (mobile money with biometrics, automation of transfers) in coordination with finance and SCOPE IT
- Coordinate with TMT Area offfice Focal points to receive Payment Advice Files for mobile money transfers and submitting these to the Supervisor
- Liaise with CP unit Focal Points and Finance teams to ensure funds for mobile money transfers are advanced to Financial service providers timely
- Coordinate with finance unit to ensure all PAFs are uploaded in the right formats according to the different FSP portal requirements
- Cross check all PAFs to avoid duplicate transfers
- Follow up with Finance unit to ensure transfers are released to the beneficiaries, and reports downoaded from the portal and shared with TMT Focal Points
- Coordinate with CP unit and Finance to ensure reconcilliation of all mobile money interventions
- Participate in coordination meetings with mobile money Financial service providers to discuss and document best practices, challenges and way forward.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
University Degree in one or more of the following disciplines:
Development Studies, International Affairs, Economics, Business administration, Social Sciences, or any other field relevant to International development Assistance
Experience:At least one year’s experience in cash-based transfers programme implementation and monitoring
Language:Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in delivery of cash-based interventions;
- Understanding of mobile money transfer programme in humanitarian/development contexts
- Ability and willingness of frequent travel and stay in the field (Somalia)
- Ability to write quality reports and policy documents;
- Knowledge and experience of the use of SCOPE is desirable
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Experience in collaborating across functional units and externally with cooperating partner entities;
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems;
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing area of work.
You are required to submit an online application through E-Recruitment
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year (initial)