Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT / Computer, software development, Programming Jobs,
Software Engineer – BootStack DevOps
What you’ll do
- Work in Python and Golang to design and deliver open source software operations code
- Work with the entire Linux stack, from kernel, networking, storage, to applications
- Learn to think rigorously about application and infrastructure reliability
- Shape high quality open source monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Simplify open source operations for our customers and open source community
- Demonstrate sound engineering design and testing principles in your code
- Follow agile software development practices
- Coach and develop your colleagues where you have insights
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Global travel up to 10% of time for internal and external events
Who you are
- University degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field
- Advanced level Python programming skills
- Good to have – Golang programming skills
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You are organised and want your team to deliver timely, high quality software
- You have a demonstrated drive for continual learning
- You understand the importance of reliable operations in a devops world
- You have sound knowledge of cloud computing concepts & technologies
- You have practical knowledge of Linux and networking
What you will learn
- Devops and site reliability engineering
- OpenStack and Kubernetes in operation
- Wide range of open source applications and skills
- Real-life and hands-on exposure to a wide range of emerging technologies and tools
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Senior Software Engineer – MAAS
What you’ll do
- Develop MAAS core components and features to make MAAS the #1 bare metal cloud system.
- Shape the architecture of MAAS to make it simpler, faster and easier to use.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure MAAS works well with other tools and is released on time.
- Contribute your improvements to our continuous integration environment, tests and practices, to maintain fast feedback and good test coverage.
- Contribute to documentation of current and existing features, making it world-class resource for Data Centre operators and users.
- Provide technical communication and collaboration with other teams where appropriate.
- Take personal ownership of problems and drive them to solutions.
- Travel internationally a few times a year to meet and collaborate with your and other teams.
Who you are
- Solid track record of professional software development experience in Python, Go or similar.
- Capacity to learn quickly about new systems and techniques
- Excellent logic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong English language communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience with Linux server technologies, including but not limited to Virtualization (KVM), Containers (LXC), etc.
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- Knowledge of network technologies, including PXE, DHCP, TFTP, DNS, NTP
- Some experience with Baseboard Management Controllers and Protocols (Redfish, IPMI, AMT and others)
- Strong experience with networking, storage technologies and Cloud hosting and infrastructure.
- Ideally, experience of large-scale physical server provisioning and automation, including rapid deployment, configuration, management and service orchestration.
- Familiarity with some of the open source development tools and methodologies used in creation of several Ubuntu projects (MAAS, Juju, Ubuntu Server, LXD, Ubuntu Core), such as Launchpad, Debian packaging tools (APT, dpkg) and snapcraft.