Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Finance jobs,Accounting jobs, Auditing jobs, Sales and Marketing jobs,
Portfolio Manager Retail Credit Risk
- The Credit Portfolio Manager, part of the Retail Credit Risk management complement, will be responsible for overall management of assigned credit portfolios. In addition, being a managerial role, the role holder will be responsible for training and management of other colleagues in the team and the wider risk teams. The role holder will work closely with business stakeholders in sales, products, credit operations and IT to deliver portfolio objectives.
- Responsibility for the quality of the Consumer Credit assigned portfolios and management of the Credit Life Cycle in aggregate, which comprises of the following
- Product Planning
- Credit Initiation
- Account Maintenance
- Retail Credit Fraud Management
- Analytics and Modeling
- Collections & Recoveries
- Scorecard reviews
- Sampling responsibility to ensure credit quality is maintained
- Perform Portfolio Quality Reviews
Credit Risk Management Time Split 30-40%
- In collaboration with the business counterparts, develop, implement and maintain credit risk strategies
- Ensure the highest standards of credit quality through the sanctioning, sampling and application of best practice to credit proposals, and maintenance of these standards throughout the Credit Teams.
- Review and Implementation of credit policy and processes. Feed into business and credit policy development.
- Ensure adherence to Lending discretions with appropriate delegation to the Retail Credit and Credit Operations Team.
- Exercise personal judgment and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of credit proposals.
- Responsibility for personal & team adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring audit outcomes are satisfactory backed by conformance to policy and procedures including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
- Maintain interactive relationship with relevant ARO/Group Risk/Business/Operations/Conformance Teams.
- Challenge pricing and profitability models in order to maximize value. Ultimate sign off at customer level remains with Business.
- Design, implement and maintain generic strategies for appropriate remedial action on poorly performing accounts in the portfolio
Business Risk Partnership & Stakeholder Management
Time Split: 30 – 40%
- Work in partnership with the HoRCT to ensure that the credit team proactively anticipates & responds to (and seek to exceed) the expectations of customers. Always looking to add value.
- Develop a strong Risk/COO/Consumer Business partnerships
- Represent Retail Credit Risk in forums where Credit Risk is directly or indirectly impacted.
Leadership Time Split: 10 – 20 %
- Be part of a highly motivated team maintaining excellent relationships within own team and wider business to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Consider the training and development needs of the team and support the development and implementation of solutions.
- Act as a role model and drive proactive application of Absa behaviours throughout the team including establishment of common goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective performance development and succession planning for the team.
- Business Degree in mathematical finance, actuarial science, economics, statistics
- Comprehensive technical credit skills
- General commercial/industry awareness
- Working knowledge of risk management policies, procedures & pricing
- Working knowledge of Group policies and strategies relative to the credit function
- Product knowledge
- Detailed understanding / fit of the vision for Risk
- Working knowledge of local country structure and strategy
- Leadership and performance development of a team
- Managing risk and reward
Knowledge & Skills
- People management and coaching
- Communications (written and oral) and presentations
- Effective negotiation and influencing
Accountability: SALES TO RETAIL CUSOTMERS TIME SPLIT 60%
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of all Absa Bank Retail products and services.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow-up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Own and manage personal products & channel sales targets to contribute towards the direct sales objectives and targets.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advise (e.g. Schemes or Mortgage) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to Line Manager for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Line Manager on a daily basis.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened and provide the customer with contact information for the branch at which their account is held.
Accountability: CUSTOMER SERVICE TIME SPLIT 15 %
- Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans
- Open scheme loan accounts referred by the Scheme Loans Relationship Managers
Accountability: OPERATIONAL RIGOUR, COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS TIME SPLIT 15 %
“Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Line Manager.
- Comply with general Absa operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
Accountability: CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEAM/PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT TIME SPLIT 10%
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generators in the team.
- Provide cover for other Lead Generators in case of excessive workload or absence.
Deputize for the Line Manager whenever required.
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Sales Manager, including specific sales targets.
Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programs and training.