Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Media, Advertising, Branding, Law, Legal Jobs,
Director, Governor’s Press Unit (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
The officer shall head the Governors press unit. Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Provide leadership for the Governor’s press unit;
- Identifying Government events in a specific sectoral area that require packaging for dissemination to the media andthe public;
- Preparing and organizing for Government policies, programmes and projects can be propagated and promoted;
- Gathering Information on policies, programmes, significant events and how they impact on customers anddisseminating the same to the public/media;
- Ensuring proper projection of corporate image of the organization;
- Carrying out research based on both local and international press on possible causes of negative publicity on Government and developing appropriate interventions;
- Ensuring proper use of finances, stores, equipment’s; and
- Supervision, guidance, training and development of staff.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Have served in the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Public Communication Job Group (Q) or in a comparable andrelevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have 15 years’ experience in Communication, five (5) of which shall be in a senior management position;
- Have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Social Sciences or any other approved equivalent qualifications from arecognized University/Institution;
- Have a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, PublicRelations, Journalism, Information Science, International Relations, Social Sciences or any other approved equivalentqualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Possess advanced computer application skills;
- Be a person of integrity, motivated and a team player;
- Have demonstrated professional competence in information service; and
- Meet requirements of chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity
Assistant Principal Intelligence Officer
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct all internal investigations and liaise with National Investigation Agencies for referral;
- Proactive and timely Brief His Excellency Governor on County Intelligence matters;
- Investigate, collate, correlate, evaluate, interpret, disseminate and store information which is relevant to the performance of the County Government;
- Detect and investigate all suspected fraudulent transactions within the County Government of Kakamega;
- Gather, collate, collect analyze and transmit or share information with His Excellency the Governor and relevant departments at the County Government;
- Advance to all county official functions that are presided by His Excellency the Governor and advise accordingly prior to the governors visit;
- Advise His Excellence Governor and the County Government of any security threat to the county;
- Take steps to protect the security interests of the county whether social, economical or political;
- Provide background checks information on persons to be appointed by the County Government;
- Liaise with National Security Agencies and other security agencies in the county;
- Regulate, in- cooperation with any county department or agency the flow of security intelligence between the servicer and the county government;
- Safeguard information systems and processes within the county departments or agencies;
- Support and aid law enforcement agencies in detecting and preventing serious crimes and other threats to thecounty government;
- Make recommendations to the security and enforcement on policies concerning security at the county;
- Make recommendations to the governor and cabinet executive member responsible to the matter relating tothe county government and need measure be taken by the county departments; and
- Perform any other duties and tasks that might be assigned from time to time. Requirements for Appointment
For Appointment to this grade one MUST have;
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Diploma in criminology, sociology, security management or any other related social science field from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- Served in the grade of Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer Job Group ‘M’ or comparable position in the Police Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have 10 years’ working experience in investigations and intelligence in Public Service;
- Have undergone police basic training course, paramilitary course or military course with a certificate not lastingless than nine months;
- Have a certificate in Senior Management Course not lasting less than four (4)weeks from Kenya School ofgovernment;
- Have a certificate and be conversant with computer applications and cyber-crime detection;
- Have a certificate and knowledge in instrumentation and machine control;
- Have a certificate in security and surveillance end user training;
- Skills in foreign and native language will be an added advantage;` x. Have ability to work in a competitive and multi- ethic environment ;
- Have good judgmental and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate ability to meet strict timelines and competitive tasks, reports effectively;
- Posses’ skills and knowledge in covert assignments ; and
- Certify the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenyan constitution 2010
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the on-line form.
- ALL Serving Officers in the Public Service, MUST clearly indicate on the on-line form: – The Officer’s Payroll Number;
- Date of first appointment;
- Date of last promotion to the current grade; and
- Substantive designation and Job Group.
- During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National
- Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; current payslip and letter of appointment/promotion to the current grade where applicable. 4. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer and women, persons living with
- Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application
- Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 2nd June, 2023 at 11.59 P.M. N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. email@example.com will be accepted.
- Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
IMPORTANT: Write a Perfect Cover Letter in minutes and start getting interviews! Get expert advice as you write.) Use These Examples Proven to Work.