Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Auditing jobs,
Regional Finance Coordinator
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Perform monthly and quarterly financial reviews and analysis, reconciliation of balance sheet/control accounts as well as the relevant finance KPIs (benchmark)
- Perform analytical reviews of the ESARO Monthly Finance Report (MFR) before sign off by the RFD and RD
- Prepare insightful management information including commentary on the monthly and quarterly financial controls and compliance
- Provide technical support and trouble-shooting to country offices finance staff
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly cash forecasts of ESA’s countries, treasury analysis and where necessary liaise with central treasury to address any identified issues
- Actively participate in various tools and techniques roll out process and assist the RO finance team in rolling out the same in the region
- Ensure all internal financial tools are correctly used to strengthen data quality and efficiencies and where necessary develop additional tools and solutions
- Ensure finance diary that covers all the required activities on financial control and compliance reviews are strictly adhered to
- Be a champion of accounts software i.e. Agresso, ProSave, Total Inventory Management (TIM), Fleet Service Charge (FSC) and promote good practices, new techniques and tools
- Support countries to meet and sustain all essential standards for financial management and ensure that countries comply with SCI’s financial policies and procedures
- Support in coordination of year-end audits and high-risk award specific audits (i.e., ECHO, USAID, etc.,) and in responding to audit issues
- Work closely with the rest of the regional finance team to deliver on the team objectives including any other duties not prescribed above
- Establish strong links with SCI’s Centre finance colleagues and networking with counterparts in other regional finance teams
- Country support visits, potentially in emergency responses
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
IMPORTANT: Write a Perfect Cover Letter in minutes and start getting interviews! Get expert advice as you write.) Use These Examples Proven to Work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accounting or commercial degree and relevant full professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive work experience in financial management, audit or compliance role in the commercial, financial services or audit sector. Not-for-profit experience an advantage.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets. Experienced in preparing both financial and management accounts, including overseas offices
- Strong relationship builder with a proven track record in forming good business partnerships
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential
- Demonstrate strong strategic financial management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills and the ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Experience in preparing both financial and management accounts, including overseas offices
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics.
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Agresso and experience working in complex financial systems
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently including reporting remote users.
- The personal circumstances to travel frequently to all country programmes in the region.