The Kenya National Youth Service wishes to announce to the general public that there will be a recruitment exercise of NYS Volunteers (male and female) throughout the Republic from Monday 5th to Friday 9th February, 2024 as per the below requirements and dates schedule.
All prospective candidates wishing to be enlisted must meet the following conditions:
- 1. Be a Kenyan citizen and a resident of the respective Sub County of recruitment.
- 2. The recruitment age is from 18 to 24 years
- 3. Have a mean Grade of D plain and above in KCSE
- 4. Produce Original National Identity Card, Academic Certifi cates (and avail one set of photocopies of the same at the recruitment center).
- 5. Must have certifi cate of Good Conduct.
- 6. Must be ready to undergo medical check-up during and after the recruitment exercise.
- 7. Be prepared to undergo rigorous physical training.
- 8. Be prepared to give voluntary service to the Nation in any part of the Republic of Kenya.
- 9. Successful candidates will report for the NYS paramilitary Course at NYS College, Gilgil and NYSTTI Naivasha on dates and times specified in their respective calling letters to be issued.
• Orphans who meet the qualifi cation requirements as stated above will be given special preference subject to production of suffi cient documentary proof such as parents’ death Certifi cates or burial permits.
• Persons with disability are also encouraged to avail themselves for the recruitment exercise in their respective sub counties and centers provided they are able to withstand the rigorous physical training.
NYS does not condone corruption in any form. Canvassing and giving monetary or other considerations for the purpose of admission is an offence which can lead to automatic disqualification and/or prosecution. Instances of this nature should be reported promptly to the Director- General on telephone number 020-2400129
The recruitment programme is as follows: –