Public Health Jobs, Relationship Management Jobs, Career Opportunities, NGO Jobs,
Access to Health (CVA & Nutrition) Delegate
- Ensure that Norwegian Red Cross supported projects in relevant discipline are designed and implemented in line with RCRC Movement CVA guidelines and standards and Norcross’s own Cash for Health guidance.
- Coach and support the Host National Society and NorCross project teams in cash and health technical standards and support the operationalization of those standards.
- Develop detailed SOPs for conditional cash transfers in relevant NorCross partner contexts and ensure support to National Society in devising of the SOPs and guidelines for the project locations.
- Train teams and hold workshops in SOPs and monitoring of the procedures and indicators of results.
- Contribute proactively with other technical personnel to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalized technical standards, particularly related to emergency nutrition as a component of health programming.
- Contribute to global health technical guidance and standards, specifically related to cash for health and nutrition and liaise closely with NorCross health technical team in Oslo.
- Liaise with RCRC Movement and non-Movement partners on technical developments related to CVA and health and identify opportunities for collaboration, cross fertilization and learning.
- Based on existing needs assessment and project design, prepare a detailed operational plan for cash payments including modalities, conditions, duration, criteria, frequency, and delivery mechanism with the National Society.
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of country specific SOPs where established in implementation of CVA component of the programmes; collect learnings and ensure feedback process and improvements.
- Support preparation of results indicators for CVA in health in collaboration with ealth technical teams and Data and Results team, based on proposals.
- Follow up and supports the cooperation with the National Societies in accordance with standing Partnership Agreements.
- Conduct regular meetings with NorCross teams and National Society and manage the activity plan and log frame.
- Identify specialist skills that may be required (IM, registration systems, delivery mechanisms) and ensure adequate human resource capacity is identified for CVA implementation.
- Support and provide technical support and inputs in the ongoing health operations. Provide technical support to CO teams in order to set up the CVA components within the plans action and budgets and build capacities for their effective monitoring.
- Through the CO teams, work with the NS to ensure that all necessary tools and systems (financial, logistics and M&E) are adapted for assessment, are in practice and disseminated. This includes SOPs, operational guidelines, risk register, recipient registration tools, monitoring tools, CEA tools, information management tools in line with data protection requirements, communication materials).
- Oversee and support the delivery of the plan of action, including the RBM framework ensuring achievement of the set objectives and milestones.
- Supports financial risk management, including annual audit process and proper handling of financial irregularities, in line with established rules and regulations.
- Support the NS team to analyse the risks and complete the risk assessment including the measures to mitigate the potential risks. Engage the community as well as all relevant departments in the risk analysis and identification of measures to mitigate security and other potential programmatic risks.
- Collaborate effectively through technical engagement with and support to NorCross country teams in Africa region to achieve desired humanitarian results in NorCross supported programmes, including through effective in country engagements.
- Maintain regular dialogue with Health Team in Programme Support Team (Global Health team Lead, Health and Climate etc) ensuring technical input to key technical guidance and standards, including CVA, exploration of nutritional components in health programmes and the NorCross approach to health and climate
- Coordinate as needed with the Regional Finance, Admin, Logs and Proc team to ensure consistent accountability towards Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations, guidelines and deadlines.
- Facilitate and plan for country visits by colleagues from National and Regional offices.
- University degree in medicine / public health or similar
- RCRC Movement CVA online or Face to Face trainings and Practical Cash in Emergencies (PECT) trained.
- Other relevant CVA trainings (maybe we should specify some relevant ones?).
Skills and Knowledge:
- Access to health programmatic expertise, including solid knowledge on roll-out of nutritional components within health (primary and community health) programmes.
- Experience in implementing cash and voucher assistance in emergency responses.
- Proven ability to implement and monitor CVA modalities.
- Cash trained and able to train and build capacities of operational delegates and national teams on CVA.
- Experience leading and influencing the uptake of different aspects of CVA design and implementation (i.e.: CVA feasibility assessments, market analysis, response design including setting targeting criteria, transfer values and delivery mechanisms, encashment, and monitoring)
- Experience from CVA in health will also be highly desirable. Knowledge of health needs and responses is also desirable.
- Fluency in English in required.
- French is an asset.
- Knowledge of RC Movement’s CVA tools and guidance.
- Knowledge of use of CVA modalities to achieve health related outcomes.
- Ability to design cash grants with conditions keeping in view beneficiary needs and financial barriers.
- Knowledge of feedback and response mechanism, including appropriate methods of recipient communication and channels.
- Ability to work towards achieving objectives and results.
- Ability to deliver emergency projects of 6 months duration.
- Ability to work with partners and support capacity enhancement and trainings.
- Ability to convince and gain acceptance.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be solution oriented.
Deputy Regional Representative, Africa
Why should you apply?
- Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
- Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
- Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
RBM/DHIS2 RM (Results-Based Management/DHIS2 Relationship Manager)
- Oversee the implementation of established RBM standards in all projects supported by the Norwegian Red Cross
- Strengthen the focus on humanitarian needs analysis and results in projects funded by the Norwegian Red Cross
- Support adherence to best practices and approved results frameworks in the region’s core work processes
- Assist assigned countries in configuring and implementing DHIS2 for data warehousing, dashboards, and DHIS2 Tracker for case management
- Collaborate with Data.FI’s data analytics and use teams to develop analytical use cases and visualizations for DHIS2
- Assess and recommend appropriate technology requirements for DHIS2 setup and implementation, including server specifications and data backup protocols
- Provide capacity building support to Ministries of Health on DHIS2 design, implementation, and health information systems
- Cultivate relationships with global DHIS2 communities and contribute to their development
- Mentor mid-level staff in headquarters and field offices
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as public health, information systems, or international development.
- A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in results-based management, project management, and implementing DHIS2 solutions.
- Strong understanding of RBM concepts and the ability to apply them effectively in project management.
- Demonstrated expertise in configuring and implementing DHIS2, including data warehousing, dashboards, and DHIS2 Tracker.
- Solid knowledge of health information systems interoperability and data analytics.
- Familiarity with digital governance principles and capacity building approaches.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to assess complex situations and provide practical recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders and build relationships.
- Proven ability to mentor and guide staff, fostering their professional growth and skills development.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage. (French)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- Access to Health (CVA & Nutrition) Delegate
- RBM/DHIS2 RM (Results-Based Management/DHIS2 Relationship Manager)