NGO, Non-Profit, Media, Advertising, Branding, Project Management ,
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager from Planning Finance and Economy Section and the Project Manager of the SANITA Project, the incumbent of the post will perform the following
duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze, collect, compile and interpret data (following UN-Habitat methodologies) and on the preparation of a diagnostic, scenarios, concept and strategic plan for the Go Blue Project;
- Prepare materials (presentations, maps, drawings) for workshops with city and county officials and technical staff in Kenya;
- Draft, revise and complete GIS data materials for spatial analysis and strategic vision for the Hola, and Moyale LPD Plans;
- Finalize of SDU and PAD reports and their vulgarization with MUHAT officials at the central and local level, and with the public (capacity strengthening sessions and video).
- A first-level university degree in Urban Planning, or related field that is relevant for sustainable urban development is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in urban planning and design with direct proven experience in drawing and preparing plan graphical material using computer-assisted design tools is required.
- Experience in regional and territorial scale planning will be considered an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and French is required. Fluency in other United Nations language is an advantage.
Junior Graphic and Communication Design Consultant
Duties and Responsibilities
- The consultant will be working under the direct supervision of Programme Management Officer within the Planning Finance and Economy section, of the Urban Practices Branch
- Develop and implement the communication efforts for the Microsoft project Urban Planning for Better Quality of Life in Data Center Communities including preparing communication materials, newsletters and producing news pieces and articles.
- Develop and implement the communication strategy for Our City Plans and Flagship Programme 1 including preparing communication materials, newsletters, managing mailing lists, and producing news pieces and articles.
- Develop the visual identity of the Flagship Programme 1, including logos, presentation templates, graphic design.
- Develop new content for Our City Plans digital platform, Microsoft Project and other PFES / UPB activities.
- Manage the content update on Our City Plans digital platform, Flagship Programme 1and Microsoft Project pages and assist in the web presence and development of new functionalities.
- Develop and test innovative communication and design tools to provide visibility, web presence and enhance the user experience for Microsoft project, Our City Plans, Flagship Programme 1.
- University degree in fields related to engineering, service design, industrial design, urban design or similar is required.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in digital product development, service design, use of no-code development platforms, UX-UI design and digital product research, communications, in collaboration with multidisciplinary work teams is required.
- Knowledge of the 2030 Agenda, the New Urban Agenda, Global Public Space Agenda and/or UN-Habitat language is an asset.
- Experience in international cooperation for territorial and urban development is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of any other UN language will be an advantage.
Global Future Cities Programme Urban Planning Expert
Following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in the implementation of urban planning and design initiatives;
- Technical development of country proposals and development frameworks;
- Provide technical backstopping to the Urban Lab team on urban development interventions
- Advise and work with the Urban Lab team to analyze, collect, compile and interpret data to guide the development of strategies, projects and interventions
- Extract lessons learnt from projects and initiatives to help inform the further development of the SDG Projects Assessment Tool
- Draft concept papers and progress reports on implementation of projects, for documentation, knowledge management, advocacy and outreach
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Architecture, Urban Development and Planning, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of urban development and planning and design (and/or related fields) with direct proven experience of programme/project management is required;
- Direct proven experience of urban planning projects/processes, in combination with e.g. urban resilience, mobility, project finance, and/or data systems is required;
- Proven experience in GIS software use, data analysis and maps production is required;
- Good hand drawing/sketching is required;
- Understanding of and experience from managing urban data is an asset;
- Experience working in the public sector, e.g. local governments is considered an asset;
- Experience in any of the countries of the projects is an asset;
- Experience working on social change projects is an asset;
- Leading, designing and managing capacity building processes is an asset;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (and their monitoring/evaluation) and of the New Urban Agenda is an asset;
- Working experience with international development agencies and in particular the United Nations is an asset.
- Fluency in English, written and verbal, is required.