Business related jobs, Computing jobs, Data Analysis jobs,
Principal officer – Fraud Investigation
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Fraud Investigations The role holder is responsible for carrying out Fraud Investigations, Fraud Risk assessments, Complex data analysis, Systems Forensic acquisitions & analysis, Professional report writing, expert witness in court and manage customer fraud related escalations.
- Lead/undertake fraud investigations of cases handed over by the Fraud detection team as well as cases generated from other sources e.g. ethics hotline, customer escalations, letters to the CEO, Internal Audits etc.
- Manage and strengthen bonds with Law Enforcement Agencies, Criminal/Civil Justice system, Prosecutions agency and other Industry & non-industry players to enhance co-operation on mutually beneficial information, fraud investigations, asset tracing & recovery etc.
- Manage a robust and risk-based intelligence-gathering network in all areas of business.
- Forensic acquisition, interpretation, storage and presentation of electronic evidence from electronic devices.
- Represent the company before court on fraud related matters.
- Propose, discuss and agree recommendations to improve control weaknesses identified during investigations and regularly follow up for their implementation.
- Proactively conduct Fraud Reviews in critical or high fraud risk areas across the business.
- Analyse and monitor unusual data patterns that may indicate fraud/ unethical conduct. Spot negative trends, and potential risky behaviour
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Computing related discipline.
- Certification in a fraud related discipline, in particular a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Certification in Digital forensics
- 3 years experience in Data analysis
- Proven hands on fraud management experience in M-PESA systems environment and knowledge of GSM network, infrastructure and ecosystem
- Good knowledge of GSM network business models and processes
- A conceptual thinker able to work independently, with ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions
- Good communication skills – written and verbal – to succinctly present findings and communicate with a variety business partners