Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Project Management jobs,NGO jobs,UNEP jobs,
Senior Programme Management Officer, P5 – Temporary
Coordination of the Digital Transformation Subprogramme:
- Take the lead on UNEP strategic planning including the development of the Medium-Term Strategy and Programme of Work as well as programming related to the integration of environmental and sustainability norms and goals into the global digital economy, in coordination with all other UNEP Divisions and regional offices, and in response to national needs and cross-border and sub-regional requirements, and in support of relevant activities of the UN system, as applicable.
- Ensures the coherence of UNEP initiatives across divisions and regional offices related to the application of digital tools to accelerate and amplify UNEP’s impact and bring more transparency to knowledge of the state of our planet.
- Ensures coherence between the work of UNEP’s divisions and regional environmental coordinators for the digital transformations subprogramme and that of entities of the UN system within each region, as well as with other relevant regional entities and civil society.
- Reviews UN initiatives on digital transformations management, in coordination with relevant bodies of the UN system through established inter-agency coordination mechanisms.
- Participates in UNEP’s project review committee analyses of projects to ensure digital tools and digital ecosystems strategically embed relevant environmental data and analytics into the work of UNEP for consistency with the decisions and guidance of UNEA and its subsidiary body; monitors implementation, reporting and evaluation of activities related to digital transformations by divisions and regional offices in UNEP, in consultation with UNEP’s Corporate Service Division, identifying priorities for action, problems and issues to be addressed and proposing corrective actions.
- Acts as resource person in preparation for and assists at substantive CPR debates related to an inclusive data architecture and digital ecosystem for the planet, upon request.
- Takes the lead in developing UNEP’s strategy for extra-budgetary resource mobilization related to the management of digital tools and in identifying priorities for the allocation of available resources for UNEP’s activities in this area.
- Ensures implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women of planned actions in the area of digital transformation. This includes legislation, policies, or programmes, in all areas and at all levels.
- Leads team members efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of strategic digital transformation and application of digital tools to accelerate and amplify UNEP’s impact and bring more transparency to the knowledge of the state of our planet. Ability to generate and communicate clearly links between the Organization’s strategy and the Subprogramme goals. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- VISION: Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks. Clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals. Generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction, inspiring others to pursue that same direction. Conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities.
- LEADERSHIP: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow. Empowers others to translate vision into results. Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives. Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support. Anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions. Drives for change and improvement; does not accept the status quo. Shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in environment, digital innovation, computing, data science or development field is required.
- A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two (2) additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible working experience in project or programme management in complex socio-economic settings is required
- Experience in environmental and sustainable development and policy analysis at the international level is desirable.
- Experience in strategic digital transformation is desirable.
- Experience in using data to guide decisions, develop strategic direction, and oversee execution is desirable.
- Experience in adaptive management, resource allocation for delivery of corporate results and data collection and reporting is desirable.
- Experience in strategic planning and programming for environmental/developmental programmes is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.