Network Administration Jobs, Technology Related Jobs, Latest Jobs,
Network and Security Administrator
AAR Insurance is one of the leading medical and general insurance companies in Kenya, providing innovative underwriting solutions to individuals, families and businesses.We currently serve over 100,000 customers in Kenya. Our current strategic focus entails growing our market strength via digital innovation while aggressively pursuing emerging opportunities in under-served segments like SME and micro insurance.We are currently looking for dynamic and creative talent to fill the below vacant roles in the organization.
NETWORK AND SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the IT Risk & Resilience Manager, the Network & Security Administrator officer will be involved in managing IT infrastructure, communications network, security services and providing technical support to the IT Service desk and user support staff to ensure that infrastructure services within the company are optimal, reliable, and secure to meet AAR business needs.
- Manage the AAR physical network infrastructure, including wired and wireless LAN, Wide Area Network, and ensure that new sites are adequately prepared to run AAR systems.
- Ensure connectivity to the data center by regional offices is seamless.
- Participate in network and infrastructure base lining, planning, design, testing, deployment, and modification.
- Oversee deployment of highly available data centre infrastructure for running AAR business systems.
- Administration of the Cloud services.
- Manage the critical infrastructure and security services including but not limited to Internet services, E-mail, Telephony, Printing, Cloud Infrastructure, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Remote Access, Firewalls, End-point security, Email Security, NAC, PAM, SIEM, Patch management.
- Monitor and control the service levels of network suppliers and establish a list of monitored network activities in line with the ICT policy.
- Monitor bandwidth usage, determine the impact / implication of related issues, and recommend solutions to counter potential downtime.
- Provide input for development of IT policies, processes, procedures and controls that guarantee IT infrastructure security, data confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Participate in the IT infrastructure services budget preparation process.
- Support the compliance to the business continuity policy by ensuring the supporting infrastructure is in place.
- Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Provide monthly report of network performance against specific service level and agreed performance standards.
- Ensure compliance with AAR’s ICT Security Policy at all sites.
- Perform periodic site visits (as per support schedule to ensure the AAR network is in optimal condition.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Graduate level in Computer Science or IT;
- Professional Certification in MCSE, CCNA certification or N+;
- AWS Cloud Certification and Experience;
- Security certifications are an added advantage.
- 5 years of technical installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support skills in the following areas:
- Linux and Windows Server Systems
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Remote Access, Firewalls
- Internet Services, LAN & WAN (Cisco Networking)
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Cloud services (AWS)
- Security services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, willing to put in extra time.
- Clinical and attentive to detail
- Decisive – able to react quickly and resolve issues
If you meet the above the requirements and wish to be part of our vibrant team, please send your application letter and updated CV attaching any testimonials to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women are encouraged to Apply
Your application should reach us by Tuesday 4th July 2023.