Commerce jobs, Managerial jobs, Business Administration jobs, Office Management jobs, Secretarial jobs,
Executive Administrative Assistant /Executive Assistant
The position’s key role is to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Health Economics Research Unit. The position is also vital for effective liaison between the Unit, other programme staff, and external partners and stakeholders
REPORTS TO: Principal Investigator
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide administrative support to the Health Economics Research Unit.
- Coordinate activities (e.g. conference calls, internal and external meetings, travel) by providing administrative, and logistical support services.
- Prepare budgets for meetings, fieldwork and travel for HERU staff and field activities.
- Carry out clerical duties including preparation of correspondence, mailing lists and taking minutes, typing and circulating them to staff as required.
- Maintain efficient and effective communication channels between the Head of Unit, HERU staff, and other internal and external parties
- Maintain the unit heads calendar and schedule of appointments, screen requests for meetings, and synchronize office and personal diaries to ensure that appointments do not overlap
- Organize the filing and retrieval of files and documents in order to ensure that they are secure and accessible.
- Coordinate the preparation of both local and international itineraries for the unit, confirm travel bookings and hotel reservations.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment for the unit, monitor utilization of consumables and requisition for additional supplies.
- Establish/maintain systems and records (i.e. paper flow, database etc) for project studies and publications for the units research team.
- Facilitate submission and maintains file of submitted HERU scientific proposals through KEMRI scientific and ethical approval process and notify Principal Investigators in advance when ethical approvals expire
- Project management support for ongoing research projects
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A degree in relevant discipline; Degree in Commerce, Management, Business Administration, Business/ Office Management, Secretarial Studies or equivalent.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar or related role providing support to top executives and senior management teams
- High level of skill in Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications-outlook, word, power point and excel
The Post holder should have:
- Experience in arranging individual and group international travel, Visas and flight bookings
- Considerable knowledge of office procedures and secretarial practices including organization, planning, records management and general administrative skills
- Advanced record keeping skills
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong report writing, proofreading and editing skills
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Tact, poise and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and work within tight deadlines
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity.