Engineering, Technical, Mechanical Engineering Jobs,
Key Performance Areas:
- Carry out Scheduled Plant Maintenance works on mechanical equipment in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Carry out equipment installation, refurbishment and modifications of mechanical plant to specification and on time.
- Prompt execution of corrective maintenance tasks/handling of equipment breakdowns.
- Preventive Maintenance Checks and reporting of abnormalities.
- Safe handling and of Tools and equipment provided.
- Maintain tidiness and general good housekeeping in plant & equipment.
- Bearing servicing and maintenance.
- Pipework, valves, pumps and motors installation.
- Use of a wide range of engineering tools & techniques to maintain and repair production plant machinery and equipment to operational standards.
- Use precision measuring instruments to check parts for accuracy, alignment and fit.
- Carry out planned maintenance checks and responding to emergency breakdowns in the plant.
- Finding and fixing faults – identification and replacement of defective or worn out mechanical components equipment and modifications.
- Housekeeping of the work area and machinery according to MRM standards.
- KCSE and a craft certificate in Engineering or Trade Test Certificate
- At least 5 years relevant experience in plant maintenance in heavy manufacturing settings
- Knowledge in 5K and Autonomous Maintenance will be an added advantage
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement the overall mechanical works strategy for the mechanical maintenance
- Identify gaps in the mechanical processes and implement strategies to close gaps, improve equipment reliability, sustainability and reduce maintenance costs
- Prepare drawings of the mechanical equipment parts in AUTOCAD software.
- Ensure mechanical installations for the plant conform to approved standards to eliminate breakdowns
- Implement and manage projets to improve equipment and safety performance, sustainability to reduce cost
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment are installed and functional to support the production team
- Scheduling and assigning work to meet maintenance completion dates, undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload whenever necessary
- Works closely with operations team in providing solutions to problems and advice on technical issues
- Analyse all machine failures (breakdown, unplanned corrective maintenance) and implement corrective measures to prevent re-occurrence of failures and safety incidents
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when required in line with the agreed format
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and to make recommendations to maintenance team
- Supervise, guide and review activities of staff under your supervision in the structure on technical duties
- Inspection of work performed by outside contractors to ensure it meets management expectations as per the scope of the work assigned
- Ensure observance of safety rules, regulations and practices
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering- Plant Option
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD software for designing.
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar position in a busy manufacturing company
- Knowledge in RCA methodology
- Posses good knowledge in identifying and managing spare parts
- Good working knowledge of machines in process industry, hydraulics and pneumatics is desirable.
- Computer proficiency especially in PM module in SAP – ERP.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings as well as use of Auto CAD.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.
Quality Assurance Technician
Overall Purpose of the Position
- Perform testing and inspections of materials as per laid down procedures.
- Perform analysis of raw material, in process consumables, semi-finished and finished materials.
- Prepare and circulate QA shift reports as per established plans
Key Performance Areas
- Inspect and test raw material in processes and finished products against specifications and give usage decision.
- Carry out internal standardization of equipment for quality checks.
- Identify and liaise with production for the classification and segregation of non-conforming material at the production lines.
- Observe finished goods handling and identify practices likely to cause damage to the material.
- Inspect transport vessels (trucks and containers) to ascertain their condition prior to loading/stuffing with finished goods.
- Handover of finished and semi-finished products to respective storage location.
- Correct labelling of products as per their material classification.
- Perform housekeeping in line with 5K standards and EHS policy.
- Give timely feedback to production on quality inspection results.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum Diploma – Diploma in Chemical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized learning institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ Quality Assurance work experience.
Additional/specific work requirements:
- Good understanding of SAP QM Module
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing Quality practices.