Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Data Engineering Jobs, Data Architect Jobs, information technology, Latest Jobs,
About the role
- Reporting to Head – Data Governance & Protection, The Data Architect will be responsible for planning and designing conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term enterprise requirements, as well as ensuring that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the bank’s data governance strategies, policies and standards. The role holder will also be required to interpret, use and apply information contained within the enterprise data architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the implementation, design, development, enhancement and maintenance of ICT systems and business processes.
About the Person
- Are you are a subject matter expert as far as Data Architecture is concerned? Do you possess in-depth knowledge and experience across multiple technology platforms, business processes and enterprise architecture? Are you well experienced in the use of data modelling tools and languages? Then, this is the perfect opportunity for you to make use of your skills, experience and be part of groundbreaking & visionary thinking within a team that contributes to Data analytics strategies geared towards informing business decisions.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Design logical and physical data structures that support the enterprise information requirements as well as analyze and align the enterprise data models with other business process
- Define and maintain the data technology architecture to guide the selection and integration of data-related technology and to govern the flow of data within the enterprise systems and applications. Perform data warehouse architecture to capture the data transitions and snapshots in data warehouse systems for maximum usefulness and performance as well as the business intelligence architecture to govern the decision support framework and drive data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Define and maintain the meta-data architecture that governs how meta-data is created, integrated, controlled and accessed and design enterprise taxonomies and namespaces to organize enterprise data.
- Define and maintain conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term data requirements of the enterprise.
- Determine, document and assess the enterprise information needs from business, operational, compliance and regulatory perspectives.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Support strategic direction by drawing on information from multiple sources and using guidelines to analyze what information is important and how it should be used.
- Achieves results by overseeing tasks through to completion, working within agreed priorities, committing to achieving quality outcomes, and seeking feedback from supervisors to gauge satisfaction and seeks guidance when required.
- Support productive working relationships by building and sustaining positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients, and being responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Display personal drive and integrity by taking responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work, showing initiative to do what is required, and committing energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Support design and implementation of data privacy by design through the data lifecycle.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, engineering or related discipline.
- Expert knowledge across multiple technology platforms, business processes and enterprise architecture.
- Expert knowledge in SQL/PLSQL and data modelling.
- TOGAF certification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with or leading a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration environment.
- Strong background in understanding organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, and use of the same in developing IT strategies and solutions.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills. Communicates with influence, confidently presenting communications in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points and using appropriate, unambiguous language, selecting the most appropriate medium for conveying information, and structuring written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Analytical with good project management and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge in the use of notable data management tools.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile, and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating “DA/IID/2023” in the subject line by close of business on 28th June 2023.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Creation, scheduling, testing, deployment, and maintenance, of data pipeline from different source to required destination with the required transformations for reporting (ETL).
- Deployment of data science models.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and provide reports. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, maintain databases/data systems, and apply ETL procedures to normalize data.
- Gather information from business users to understand their detailed requirements and expectations, analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modelling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgement and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Carry out analysis of requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements. Manage the queue of requests and communicate to the appropriate advanced analytics, BI or data management functions.
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements and roll out BI Solutions to stakeholders. Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of BI processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes and tools, identifying areas for improvement, implement high impact changes and get feedback from stakeholders. Make changes to system/database configurations and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Build visualizations to summarize and make presentations to business and other key stakeholders. Filter, clean data and review reports, print outs and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Secure BI solutions by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the Bank.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company performance measurement and reporting as well as analytics across functions and understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Guide the business in drawing report formats & wireframes and advice on the best approach to transform data and automate reports as well as Design and code reports/dashboards according to user specification with the key objective to deliver reports that will assist in decision-making and control.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or set up, carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret BI reports as well as deal with data, dashboards and report queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, or any other degree in related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Data engineering, BI & Software Development using Oracle.
- Strong knowledge and experience with ETL tools (Oracle ODI, Microsoft SSIS,Talend), query languages (Oracle PL/SQL, SQL), programming languages (Java, C# )
- Experience with Dimensional data modeling, data management and data processing.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages in analyzing large data sets (Python, SPS, SAS, Excel etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Big data tools (Hadoop, Apache Hive, Scala, Kafka, Apache Spark)
- Knowledge of visualization tools (OBIEE, Admin tool, Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, click view)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques is desired.
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix & Linux.
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number DE/IID/2023 as the subject of your email by 28th June 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Method of Application
Send your application to email@example.com