Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Systems Engineer jobs,I.T jobs,Old Mutual Kenya jobs,
Systems Engineer (OMAO)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Capacity Planning & Maintenance
- Responsible for data center equipment capacity management tasks such as managing and installing new business capacities in the data center.
- Set up of the required compute and storage capacities at data centers to serve new and existing business projects.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Routine Operations & Maintenance
- Routine maintenance operations to ensure the health of the data center hardware and other systems.
- Ensuring appropriate support agreements for external support are in place and effectively enforced and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensuring data center operations are compliant to internal and external compliance regulations.
- Ensuring adequate capacity for business resilience is set up, regularly tested and maintained.
- Ensuring backups are carried out in accordance with the defined backup policy.
- Liaising with various parties such as power and related support systems affectively support the data center.
- Ensure that I.T Disaster Recovery plans are regularly updated and reviewed.
- Execute Disaster Recovery failover tests as defined in the BCP policy.
Secure Data Center Operations
- Joint secure design, set up and support of all Primary and Secondary data center equipment.
- Support in review of the data center security set up of the data center network.
- Achieve secure intra data center flow within the data center.
Set Up and Operation of Adequate Datacenter Monitoring Framework
- Ensure all datacenter assets are monitored and reported on regularly.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports of data center systems performance.
- Ensure both the internal and external SLAs are met for all data center systems.
Data Center Resource Scheduling
- Managing routing vendor and staff access to the data center.
- Responsible for the set-up and execution of emergency response plan for all data center incidents.
- Responsible for the setting up access and change window for all approved data center changes.
Skills Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Data Center Architecture, Data Center Monitoring, Data Center Networks, Data Center Operations, Disaster Recovery (DR), Disaster Recovery Planning
Education Bachelors Degree (B), Diploma (Dip)
Closing Date 25 February 2022