Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Graduate Jobs,
Medical Laboratory Technologist
The Medical Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for collection, preparation, and analysis of samples/specimen in the labs**.** Observe all SOPs in the laboratory and participate in updating them when required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cleaning and sterilizing laboratory glassware, surfaces, and equipment. Observing standard, Infection prevention control measures.
- Chatting of laboratory logs for temperature, bench, equipment, and processed samples.
- Carry out Quality control on laboratory equipment and procedures according to organization’s standard policies.
- Collecting of clinical specimens for analysis-blood, stool, urine, sputum.
- Packaging and transportation of specimen which are processed in the satellite laboratory.
- Reporting and documenting of laboratory results
- Respect strict adherence to patient confidentiality.
- Stock management of laboratory supplies.
- Preparing of laboratory reagents
- Mentor interns and students who will be attached to the lab.
- Any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3-years similar work experience.
- Registration and License by KMLTTB.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data critically.
- Ability to prepare and keep budgets.
- Computer literate.
- Compensation is dependent upon on qualifications and experience in line with CFK Africa Salary Band.
Graduate Internship Program 2024
- The Graduate Internship Program is a one-year program designed to provide guided work experience and professional development to fresh university graduates in various disciplines.
CFK Africa Kenya offices in Nairobi and other Counties as the Organization may require from time to time.
- Diploma, bachelor’s degree in Community Development Public Health, Medical Laboratory Technology, Health Records and Information Management, and related studies. An advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduate or must have graduated within the last one year from the date of the advert.
- Fresh graduates who are either beneficiaries of CFK Africa’s programs or have experienced the impact of CFK Africa’s initiatives.
- Fresh graduates who are willing to commit their time, for an entire year, to work for CFK Africa.
- Fresh graduates who demonstrate desire and passion to work in informal and peri-urban settlements in Kenya.
Reference codes for application:
- Community Health Outreach Program, WASH-CFK/CHOP/WH/2024\A
- Clinical Services Program, Laboratory Technologist -CFK/CSP/LT/2024
- Clinical Services Program, Nutritionist-CFK/CSP/NT/2024
- Clinical Services Program, Health Records Information Officer-CFK/CSP/HRIO/2024
- Girls Empowerment Program-CFK/GEP/2024
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning- CFK/MEAL/2024
Successful trainees will be paired with dedicated professional supervisors at the beginning of every engagement for year-long guidance. This is a one-year full-time engagement offers rotations across various departments, providing diverse exposure and growth.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Qualified candidates should submit their CV, current and expected salary to email@example.com by 31st December 2023 by 5:00pm