Senior Backend Engineer
Engineers at iCube build products and services that impact the day to day lives of our customers and internal teams. Your contributions will ensure that tangible value is continuously delivered to the end users. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the product & design team to ensure timely delivery of great products. He/she will also need to be willing to learn and passionate about making contributions towards the team’s success.
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the reliability, availability, performance and efficiency of I&M Bank’s services.
- Work with peers to plan & prioritize the development and test strategy to ensure high quality and timely delivery of the fixes and tools.
- Partner with various teams across the bank to transform requirements into tools, products, and services.
- Share knowledge across the team and the bank.
- Periodically spend time with the rest of the team outside of work with the intention to strengthen the bonds between the team members.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT/ related field.
- Have a strong core understanding of software engineering best practices.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as a senior software developer.
- Possess fantastic problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Have an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks competently.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a fun and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
- Working knowledge of database systems and SQL.
- Knowledge of frontend development frameworks e.g. React, Angular, VueJS.
- Understanding of concepts in data structures and algorithms with demonstrated ability to make use of them.
Associate, Centralized Reconciliation
The role holder is responsible for timely reconciliation and reporting of assigned Bank general ledgers to provide an internal financial control that ensures bank general ledger account balances are materially accurate, accurate exception reports are approved and shared with stakeholders within SLA, and operational process gaps are corrected.
- Follow up on outstanding entries with product owners and ensure there are no outstanding items beyond specified lifespans.
- Generate accurate reconciliation reports and share with stakeholders and users as per frequencies defined in the GL reconciliation process and policy.
- Work with the product owners and reconciliation supervisor to onboard manual reconciliations into the new automated reconciliation system and suggest improvements to the system.
- Investigate Outstanding items to determine root cause and follow up with stakeholders for closure.
- Flag and escalate any suspicious activities noted on reconciled GLs to Reconciliation supervisor.
- Age, Analyze and escalate outstanding items to stake holders as per predefined escalation Matrix to mitigate financial risk exposure due to long outstanding items.
- Provide support in documenting and maintaining system automated reconciliation procedures.
- Any other assigned duties by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or any related field.
- At least 2 years and above Experience in Banking and Reconciliation.
- Professional accounting certification is an added advantage. (CPA, ACCA)
- Able to demonstrate substantial relevant experience such that the tasks detailed in the job description can be carried out effectively.
- Proper Understanding of Bank products.
- Detailed Understanding of the Banks Operation Processes.