AKU jobs, Oncology jobs, Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs,
Senior Faculty – Department of Hematology – Oncology
The successful applicant will be committed to advancing best practice in their discipline and meeting the quality and patient safety standards of an internationally accredited university hospital. The successful applicant, besides providing tertiary care clinical services, will develop their academic career in teaching and research; assisting residents in their rotation and implementing and monitoring educational programmes while ensuring programme outcomes are attained. Responsibilities will include:
- Clinical Care – ensuring and promoting best practice across the entire spectrum of oncology and malignant hematology.
- Education – promoting resident and fellow training across all sections of Hematology & Oncology. Special emphasis on establishing a successful training environment for the hematology-oncology fellowship program.
- Research – supporting the research mission of the department and the Cancer Center. The incumbent should be personally engaged in clinical research with a track record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Quality – leading the Quality and Compliance in line with the AKUHN DQIPS program
- Faculty Affairs – leading by example and fostering a collaborative environment that promotes departmental cohesion and unity. Encouraging and promoting the growth of individual faculty members based on their strengths and interests.
- Diversity and Inclusion – Encouraging and promoting diversity and inclusion with faculty and staff thus building a department that is both representative of the community we serve, as well as, supportive including others who bring new knowledge and services.
- Subspecialty certified in Medical Oncology (additional certification in Hematology preferred but not required)
- Practicing clinician for more than 5 years at an academic center and in good standing
- Should be registered with or eligible for registration with KMPDC
- Prior leadership role within a section or department of Hematology-Oncology for at least 3 years.
- Experience in faculty management
- Experience working in Sub Saharan Africa favored.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates and names of three referees, to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, Aga Khan University, via the email: email@example.com
The cover letter should outline the following:
- Why you want to apply for this position in the Haematology-Oncology department
- Your previous track record as a clinician and in past leadership roles
- What you will be able to contribute to the Haematology-Oncology department
Please quote the position title on the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by October 30, 2023