Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Amref jobs, Marketing jobs, Health Communications jobs, International Relations jobs,
- We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and highly-organized Events Coordinator to lead and oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of our conferences and corporate events. The Events Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality events that meet the needs of our participants, partners, and stakeholders. This is a leadership role that requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The holder of this role will work in close collaboration with our programmes, finance, legal, ICT, Communications, Procurement and Partnership Teams.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY AREA ACTIVITIES
- Lead the end to end planning and execution of Africa Health Agenda International Conference (AHAIC) and other Amref led convenings.
- Manage consultants, third party vendors and staff involved in AHAIC and other Amref’s convenings.
- Serve as a point person for all conference related enquiries and manage relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Support the development of conference collateral including sponsorship packages and other promotional materials.
- Work closely with the legal team to develop and manage all conference contract preparation and management.
- Provide day to day leadership and support to all the conference and other event organizing committees.
- Work closely with relevant technical leads to ensure quality assurance is adhered to when planning sessions.
- Support ICT and communication leads to ensure the events web/microsites are continuously updated with the correct information.
- Work closely with the partnership leads to ensure that all the partner requirements are met based on the agreed partnership levels.
Event Program Development
- Lead and coordinate the speaker invitation process including keeping an UpToDate RSVP tracker.
- Coordinate with speakers and presenters to ensure timely submission of materials, audiovisual requirements, and presentation rehearsals.
- Oversee the development of session agendas, program schedules, and session descriptions.
Logistics and Operations
- Manage all logistical aspects of the conference, including venue selection, contract negotiation, catering, audiovisual equipment, and room setup.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to coordinate registration, accommodations, transportation, and other conference and event logistics.
- In collaboration with the finance, develop and maintain a detailed conference budget, monitor expenses, and ensure cost-effective solutions.
Event Production and On-Site Management
- Provide on-site leadership during the conference, coordinating logistics, managing vendors, staff and volunteers, and addressing any issues or
- emergencies that may arise.
- Manage all the session requirements ensuring room allocation, set ups and Audio Visual and interpretation needs are met.
Evaluation and Reporting
- Conduct post-conference evaluations, gather feedback from participants, and prepare comprehensive reports on conference outcomes and
- recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee knowledge management for all executed events, ensuring all the details are stored on the global Customer Relationship Management System.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Knowledge
- Degree in a relevant social science (Marketing, Health Communications, International Relations) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of public health landscape is an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years of experience managing high profile corporate events and/or conferences
- Knowledge of international health and development issues at the global level.
- Ability to work autonomously combined with experience working remotely and in support of programs abroad.
- Experience developing and managing efforts to influence policymakers, NGOs, and other external stakeholders.
Skills and Competences
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexible, creative, and strategic thinker.
- Self-starter, team player, and attentive to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively with others from diverse perspectives
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; ability to prioritize workload and multi- task
- Resourcefulness and strong problem- solving skills
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Method of Application
Interested? Kindly send your application to Recruitment@Amref.org quoting Event Coordinator/07/23 in the subject line. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Closing date will be July 31, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.