Training jobs, Grants Management jobs, Finance jobs,
• Work with collaborators in various teams to identify TAs learning needs on key processes and tools relevant to their function on a continuing basis.
• Advise on learning pathways for TAs orientation and continuous learning
• Work with and advise subject matter experts to design & deliver social and self-directed learning products in multiple formats (audio, video, written documentation, peers exchange, Training of Trainers) & languages, to address those needs. That includes modules for in person and e-learning, as well as curating existing content.
• Ensure all information and resources are available on the intranet and shared through existing communication channels. That includes developing & maintaining spaces on IRC intranet, a catalogue of learning resources alongside a calendar of learning events.
• Supervise learning activities, including collecting feedback for improvement and generating reports as needed.
• Propose and lead a process for updating the TAs learning model based on users’ feedback. Advise on recommended model.
• Develop workplan to advance established goals & priorities.
• Ensure translation of learning material & events in official IRC language as minimum (English, French, Arabic, Spanish)
• Stay up to date on training and instructional design trends.
5 years of professional experience in a field relevant to IRC’s work.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent understanding of adult learning including proven track record to design e-trainings.
• Experience in running virtual meetings and navigate collaborative technology applications.
• Excellent communications and ability to develop simple, practical, accessible learning material.
• Excellent project management skills, including organization and attention to detail.
• Highly enthusiastic, collaborative, and pro-active colleague with talent for teaming with cross-functional groups.
• Excellent communication and social skills, including the ability to optimally manage a variety of multi-level relationships in a multicultural environment & ability to collaborate equally effectively with colleagues in ‘remote’ and diverse teams.
• Experience in working efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, demanding environment, including ability to meet unexpected demands.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment or independently.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Dedication to IRC values of Equality, Service, Integrity and Accountability and a strong passion for our mission.
• Dedication to learning and continuous improvement.
Prefered Experience and Skills:
• BA’s degree valued but not required
• Multimedia and basic graphic design
• Ability to travel internationally
• Long-term career interest in nonprofit
• Previous experience with an INGO
• Strong familiarity with IRC processes a plus
• The ability to work (read and write) in French, Arabic, or Spanish strongly preferred
• Standard office working environment
• Some international travel as needed (possible but not guaranteed in this role)
• This role may require working remotely full or part time.
Grants & Finance Manager
Major Responsibilities:Grants and Budget Management
• Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of grants, donor compliance, and budget conditions and status
• Review, track, and analyze expenditures for standard grants
• Review monthly BvAs and transaction detail reports, participate in monthly budget meetings and ensure that all BvAs and financial reports accurately reflect current and planned spending
• Make any necessary spending plan adjustments
• Attend and actively participate in all grant related meetings
• Work in close collaboration with the Senior Adviser, Grant Operations and the Deputy Director, Business Operations to harmonize grants as part of Technical Excellence’s funding portfolio
• Work with relevant Technical Unit and HQ-based finance staff to ensure accuracy of financial reports and to promptly identify and advise applicable grant leads on areas of concern
• Review and process sub-grants to country programs for grant activities
• Coordinate the approval of agreements, amendments, cost extensions and no-cost extensions for grants
• Apply existing IRC standard grant management processes (OTIS, project cycle meetings, etc.) and develop new tools or reporting formats to enhance grants management
• Manage salary allocations by tracking and monitoring all salary lines in grant budgets
• Work with other Grants & Finance Managers to streamline and harmonize IRC processes
Donor Reporting and New Business
• Develop guidance, templates, and toolkits to ensure timely submission of narrative and financial donor reports
• In partnership with program technical staff and the Business Development Coordinator, manage and contribute to the development of proposals ensuring donor and IRC compliance, including reviewing and contributing to concept notes, proposals and creating budgets
• Manage OTIS (Opportunity Tracking Information System) workflow for proposals, ongoing grants, agreements and amendments
• Assist in donor relations; participate in calls with select donors, represent Technical Excellence at donor meetings as required; and communicate relevant priorities to donors and internal business development and foundation relations units.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required or demonstrable experience.
• 2+ years of experience managing government and/or private grants
• Demonstrated experience developing proposals for public and private donors
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent budget management skills including experience tracking expenses and developing spending plans
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent digital literacy: MS Word, Excel, and Desktop Publishing. Proficiency in Excel preferred.
• English fluency