Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Data Science jobs, Research jobs, NGO jobs,
The job holder will lead the field technical and operational implementation of nutrition research aimed to generate evidence on the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of integrating the family MUAC approach into standard Community Health Volunteer(CHV) –led screening and referral for acute malnutrition in North Horr.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Management and Development
- Guiding the development of the research work plans in coordination with the project teams.
- Liaising with the locals and county level with SCHMT, Marsabit county officials and health facility Management Teams to enhance coordination and collaboration in project implementation and sustainability.
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of Family MUAC research linking it with surge model scale up in Marsabit County.
- Timeline and financial tracking to ensure timely and effective deliverables of research agenda.
- Participate in Quarterly strategy review and planning meetings with the project research team consisting of the principal and Co-principal Investigators, HQ technical backstop, Research partners and the health and Nutrition Coordinator.
Implementation of Operations Research
- Contribute to the overall operation research design development.
- Contribute to the design of data collection tools, including surveys and qualitative interviews.
- Ensure ethical standards are upheld throughout research project
- Oversee data collection, data analysis and data synthesis and ensure the use of effective data tools by all project staff and partners.
Representation and Dissemination
- Draft technical documents based on the research findings for submission to the nutrition specialist and HQ technical backstop as needed.
- Contribute to research dissemination through involvement in technical working groups, global networks, conferences and with other key stakeholders.
- Lead the drafting of manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- At the county and National level, work with Project Research team to lobby for the adoption of key project and research findings into current practice.
- Represent Concern in county and National level technical meetings and any other forums as necessary.
- In partnership with the program team, contribute to capacity building of MOH and partner agency staff members.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of trainings associated with the `intervention of study.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitoring the progress against objectives outlined in the program plans.
- Preparing high quality written reports for Concern and donors (Monthly, quarterly and annual) and others required.
- Conduct frequent field visits for monitoring to ensure effective research and programme implementation.
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary
- Take all possible measure to meet Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- BSc in Nutrition or related field (Masters in public health, Health statistics or related field is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition programming with experience of public health or nutrition or research methods, and /or operations research.
- At least- two years demonstrated work experience in research related positions or projects and/or programme.
- Proven track record of collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- It is highly desired that candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas
- Experience knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at county and sub county level.
- Child health and nutrition specifically the diagnosis of undernutrition.
- Behavior change strategies.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and solution building abilities.
- Strategic thinking and operational planning capabilities.
- Administrative and organizational abilities including an eye for detail;
- High-level statistical analysis and statistical software package(E.g SPPSS,STATA,R)experience;
- Qualitative analysis and use of qualitative software(E.G NVivo) experience(desirable)
- Proven track record of academic dissemination through peer reviewed journals and/or conferences(desirable)
- Track record of securing ethical approval at institution and National levels(desirable)
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams and in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-started with a can-do attitude.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in local language/s skills is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘ Officer Research’ on or before Sunday 28th May 2023 “. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.