Data Science jobs, Research jobs, NGO jobs,
The job holder will lead the field technical and operational implementation of nutrition research aimed to generate evidence on the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of integrating the family MUAC approach into standard Community Health Volunteer(CHV) –led screening and referral for acute malnutrition in North Horr.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Management and Development
- Guiding the development of the research work plans in coordination with the project teams.
- Liaising with the locals and county level with SCHMT, Marsabit county officials and health facility Management Teams to enhance coordination and collaboration in project implementation and sustainability.
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of Family MUAC research linking it with surge model scale up in Marsabit County.
- Timeline and financial tracking to ensure timely and effective deliverables of research agenda.
- Participate in Quarterly strategy review and planning meetings with the project research team consisting of the principal and Co-principal Investigators, HQ technical backstop, Research partners and the health and Nutrition Coordinator.
Implementation of Operations Research
- Contribute to the overall operation research design development.
- Contribute to the design of data collection tools, including surveys and qualitative interviews.
- Ensure ethical standards are upheld throughout research project
- Oversee data collection, data analysis and data synthesis and ensure the use of effective data tools by all project staff and partners.
Representation and Dissemination
- Draft technical documents based on the research findings for submission to the nutrition specialist and HQ technical backstop as needed.
- Contribute to research dissemination through involvement in technical working groups, global networks, conferences and with other key stakeholders.
- Lead the drafting of manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- At the county and National level, work with Project Research team to lobby for the adoption of key project and research findings into current practice.
- Represent Concern in county and National level technical meetings and any other forums as necessary.
- In partnership with the program team, contribute to capacity building of MOH and partner agency staff members.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of trainings associated with the `intervention of study.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitoring the progress against objectives outlined in the program plans.
- Preparing high quality written reports for Concern and donors (Monthly, quarterly and annual) and others required.
- Conduct frequent field visits for monitoring to ensure effective research and programme implementation.
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary
- Take all possible measure to meet Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- BSc in Nutrition or related field (Masters in public health, Health statistics or related field is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition programming with experience of public health or nutrition or research methods, and /or operations research.
- At least- two years demonstrated work experience in research related positions or projects and/or programme.
- Proven track record of collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- It is highly desired that candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas
- Experience knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at county and sub county level.
- Child health and nutrition specifically the diagnosis of undernutrition.
- Behavior change strategies.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and solution building abilities.
- Strategic thinking and operational planning capabilities.
- Administrative and organizational abilities including an eye for detail;
- High-level statistical analysis and statistical software package(E.g SPPSS,STATA,R)experience;
- Qualitative analysis and use of qualitative software(E.G NVivo) experience(desirable)
- Proven track record of academic dissemination through peer reviewed journals and/or conferences(desirable)
- Track record of securing ethical approval at institution and National levels(desirable)
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams and in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-started with a can-do attitude.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in local language/s skills is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘ Officer Research’ on or before Sunday 28th May 2023 “. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.