M-Pesa Africa – Level 0 Support Engineer
The Level 0 Support Engineer for M-Pesa Africa will run with day-to-day standardized troubleshooting and monitoring financial solutions, provide technical support & improve existing solutions to ensure smooth and efficient service delivery that meets the expectations of the business. Technical support duties include but not limited to architecture reviews and optimization, incident handling, detailed root cause analysis, problem management, configuration management, automation of routine tasks, documentation and operational acceptance compliance.
- Develop and maintain incident response procedures, including escalation paths and communication protocols.
- Monitor and prioritize incoming incidents, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources and timely resolution.
- Actively participate in post-incident reviews to analyze the response process and identify opportunities for improvement that align with 99.999% availability.
- Reduce critical and major incidents, manage incident resolution time within SLA target, and adhere to ITSM/ITIL
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices related to incident management.
- Build a deep understanding of how M-pesa services and operations metrics work and are built. Identify & track metrics that can be used to ensure objectives are met then recommend process improvements.
- Function as the point of contact with the senior management and technical teams communicating their priorities.
- Participate in design, testing and implementation of new products, services, functionalities or upgrades.
- Perform Systems and Applications Monitoring.
- Maintain and transfer system knowledge to internal customers or stakeholders on new features and support processes efficiently.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the tools, systems and procedures.
- Prepare and publish accurate and timely system performance reports.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues on the assigned systems and apply a work around or a permanent solution to resolve ensuring the MTTR is met.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks.
- Ensure all issues are logged in the service management tool and are properly prioritized.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or any relevant field
- 2 years of experience in managed operations of large-scale IT applications and services in multi-national environment
- Expertise in system monitoring, operational procedures, process standards (e.g., ITIL/ITSM) and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks.
- Ability to understand and evaluate:
- Web and mobile service technologies, integrations or Financial systems
- Operating systems (e.g., Linux, Windows)
- Databases (e.g., oracle, mongo DB)
- Cloud solutions, DevOps and DevOps tools like Github
- Development languages (java, python)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Knowledge in ITIL Service Operations processes and Agile methodology
- Strong ability to understand goals which are cascaded through a hierarchy and work towards their prioritization and accomplishment in the department.
- Strong ability;
- To operate in dynamic, high-growth, high-uncertainty environments without supervision & meet tight deadlines/schedules.
- To balance conflicting interest
- To take decisions
- Good presentation skills
- Proactive & self-motivated