Universal Sales Consultant
Main purpose of the job
- An outbound contact center role whose aim is to onboard and/or cross sell to new and existing customers by contacting them at their predictable churn points with a view to proactively exceed expectations.
- The consultant will sell all the products assigned by the bank which include but not limited to:
Unsecured personal loans.
- Scheme unsecured personal loans.
- Revolving term Loans/Mass market.
Vehicle and Asset Finance.
- Credit cards
- Banca assurance
- Agency banking
- Trade Finance
- Mobile banking.
- Internet banking.
- Online banking.
- Till to bank.
- Lipa 360
Business and Personal Current accounts and Savings accounts. (NEW TO BANK CUSTOMERS &/or CROSS SELL):
- PAYG CURRENT ACCOUNT.
- SILVER CURRENT ACCOUNT
- GOLD CURRENT ACCOUNT.
- PRIVATE BANKING CURRENT ACCOUNT.
- DIASPORA BANKING CURRENT ACCOUNT.
- BUSINESS CURRENT ACCOUNT.
- PURESAVE SAVINGS ACCOUNT.
- PURESAVE CHILDS SAVINGS ACCOUNT.
- Welcome and on boarding of new customers and/or cross selling to existing customers as per campaign being run by a business segment of the bank.
- Survey of customers who have recently stopped using a given product, to obtain feedback on reason for this.
- On-boarding customers
- Voice of Customer exercises to act as a dipstick measure of our service offering in particular service points.
- Pre- profiling of new customers to obtain feedback on their product uptake experience.
- Ownership to resolve any problems/complaints obtained from customers contacted.
- Life stage probing of customers into potential future needs, positioning of the CSB product offering and logging any leads as expected.
- Build MIS to guide business decisions on new acquisitions and departure trends.
- Compile common service breakdown points aimed at process improvement.
- Responsible for the adoption within line of duty/area of duty of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the recognition and appropriate escalation to your Supervisor with regard to continued business engagements in instances where no adverse information is available.
Key performance measures
- Meet new customer activations as per desired target from business.
- Increase customer product utilization through cross selling by measures guided by the business.
- Own and address any service issues raised by clients by logging in the issues for resolution by CCC team.
- Ensure any after sales queries are logged in for resolution by the CCC team.
- Provide periodic reports to PPB & BCB and other stakeholders on performance on new accounts and other offering, as well as problems encountered by customers and root cause on the same.
Business Process Improvement/People engagement
- Engagement with branch and support units regularly to address issue of customer satisfaction and root cause of service deficiencies.
- Identification of complaint root causes and engage relevant units to assist address these.
Learning and growth
- Achieve a minimum of 95% in product quizzes and accreditation exams
- Become fully skilled in P&BB product offering and processes.
- Identify 1 skill per quarter for growth and development and plan as well as implement learning process for it.
- Support the sales team by providing leads for follow up.
- Reduce costs at department by limiting unnecessary stationery, taxi, food and telephone usage.
Risk and compliance
- Ensure no reputation / legal risk through the strict following of KYC and AML guidelines and correct provision of information to clients.
- Minimum annual score of Satisfactory, on audit ratings/internal review findings.
- Good communication skills with colleagues, and management resulting in good customer service.
- Good internal and external communication skills with all stakeholders resulting in exceptional customer service being delivered to both internal and external customers.
- Problem solving, planning and decision making
- Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences is required in order to assist with the resolution of problems.
- Probe effectively for understanding.
- Listening attentively to customers on every call.
- Able to make clear linkages within the branch system, products, services and staff available in order to satisfy customer needs.
- Deal tactfully with irate, impatient or demanding customers.
- Take responsibility for query/problem resolution.
- Follow up and return calls as promised to clients on agreed time.
- Planning is generally on a daily basis, within regular activity cycles.
- Consider all facts, options and outcomes prior to making decisions.
- Assist customers to best of ability, however, must be able to recognize when to refer to the Team Leader regarding complicated queries, dissatisfied customers or security issues.
Qualification, Knowledge, Experience, and personal competencies
- Degree from any reputable university; Any field of study.
- Entry level. Exposure to Customer Consulting or Call Centre experience will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of a full range of products
- A broad understanding of the bank’s procedures and policies and the application of the GRG with particular emphasis on the account opening environment, policies and procedures.
- Code of Banking Practice
- Understanding the branch sales practice
- Basic computer literacy
- Sales skills
- Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Good verbal communication skills – sincere and articulate.
- Passionate about sales and service.
- Target driven.
- Ability to listen and probe effectively to determine customers’ real needs.
- Ability to provide accurate information.
- Focuses on getting things finished.
- Ability to handle pressure/conflict.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and not to take criticism personally.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Customer Commitment Drivers.
Personal and Business Banking
Job purpose description
- Provide a consistently high quality front-line transaction service to customers encompassing the cashing of cheques and other items, acceptance of deposits and the provision of change, understand the risks associated with the control and handling of cash and maintain effective controls to manage these risks. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Output group 1 – Provide cash and cheque services to customers.
Outputs and measures
- Serve Customers by attending to cheque encashments, withdrawals and deposits according to laid down procedures.
- Guard against fraudulent transactions by subjecting to UV light all cheque deposits, all cheque withdrawals and identity documents.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for confirmation and authorization.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to customers mandates to avoid losses that may arise as a result of disputes.
- Check audit trails to ensure all entries are correctly passed and confirm the same by signing the indemnity form.
- Understand the risks associated with the control and handling of cash and maintain effective controls to manage these risks. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards
- First level customer interface and interaction for queries, receipt of instructions/ requests and direction to appropriate desk where required.
- Number of losses
- Teller differences
- Turnaround time per transaction
- Overall customer service ratings
Output group 2 – Control of daily cash received and paid out.
Outputs and measures
Adhere to all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash/assets to avoid losses.
- Ensure cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balance cash daily and report any differences promptly.
Measures of success:
- Overall cash differences
- Daily cash holdings within the limits
Formal minimum qualification 1
Type of qualification: First Degree Field of study: Finance and Accounting
Other qualifications, certifications or professional memberships.
- Minimum of C+ mean grade at KCSE or Division II at O level
- Minimum of grade C in Mathematics, English or Kiswahili
- Experience required
- Experience Description: Fresh Graduates
Competency Label: Establishing Rapport
- Competency Description: This competency is about the behaviors an individual should employ in order to effectively engage people, establish positive personal contact and improve the likelihood of maintaining positive relationships. This competency is therefore about putting people at ease, making friends and helping people feel welcome.
Competency Label Showing Composure
- Competency Description: This is about the extent to which individuals can remain calm under pressure and maintain poise before and during important events. As such, the competency addressed in this document is concerned with the extent to which individuals show behaviors that lead to the effective handling of pressurized situations.
Competency Label: Resolving Conflict
- Competency Description: This competency is about effectively dealing with disagreements and conflict in the workplace. In order to demonstrate being competent at resolving conflicts in the workplace, individuals are expected to demonstrate that they are able to effectively handle angry individuals and emotionally charged situations.
Competency Label: Team Working
- Competency Description: This competency is about working well in a team. In order to develop this competency, individuals are encouraged to acknowledge the views and contributions of others, and to involve others in decision-making.
Competency Label: Understanding People
- Competency Description: Behaviors that are emphasized to develop this competency include listening to others, understanding why people behave the way that they do and showing empathy.
Competency Label: Following Procedures
- Competency Description: The important behaviors associated with “Following Procedures” in the
- organization include adhering to rules, following instructions and being risk averse.
Competency Label: Completing Tasks
- Competency Description: This competency is about completing tasks and projects in a structured manner by employing effective planning and prioritizing skills. Once tasks have been planned and priorities have been set, individuals also need to be able to manage the project or task to completion in order to demonstrate effectiveness.
Competency Label: Checking Details
- Competency Description: This competency is concerned with the careful checking and confirmation of details in a task. Another behaviour associated with the “Checking Details” competency is being accurate. Being accurate requires individuals to have a strong quality orientation as well as to be thorough and detailed in their approach when completing tasks in order to avoid making mistakes.
Competency Label: Deposit processing
- Competency Description: Ability to execute the process to capture the deposit, count the cash as well as to spot potential issues around fraud or money laundering. Ability to execute the cash withdrawal process, deliver the expected amounts in accordance to laid down processes and to spot the potential issues around fraud or money laundering.
- Proficiency Level: PROFICIENT – Clear knowledge and application of the concept.
Competency Label: Cash Handling
- Competency Description: The ability to sort, check, box, count and store cash securely.
- Proficiency Level: PROFICIENT – Clear knowledge and application of the concept
Direct Sales Agent – VAF.
- Ensure inflow of new VAF/IPF business in line with set targets i.e. (new to bank clients, used vehicles and transaction of less than Kes10M).
- Ensure growth of the VAF/IPF book within agreed targets. (Drawdowns of not less than Kes20M per month)
- Ensure growth of interest and non-interest income as per targets.
- Regular visits (supported by Call Reports) to Customers and allocated Branches and the used motor dealers.
- Training the Sales staff in allocated dealerships of our VAF processes and resolve bottlenecks to business.
- Liaising with allocated Branches to maximize VAF/IPF sales mainly to the new to bank clients and used vehicles.
- Periodic reports on VAF/IPF performance / figures.
- Attend the branch meetings for branch allocated and ensure to update the VAF activity for new to bank clients and used vehicles.
- Develop VAF/IPF business opportunities by maintaining a leads list, following up / pursuing leads.
- Conduct visits to potential i.e. ‘new to bank’ customers with a view to increasing/ maximizing on VAF/IPF draw down’s and cross selling.
- Liaise with VAF/IPF Business Support to ensure TAT on processing of applications within agreed timelines and smooth draw downs on approvals to attain 90% conversion rate.
- Follow up on VAF/IPF applications to ensure that customers’/Dealers/brokers’ requirements have been met.
- Clearly understand sales targets set for self and unit.
- Identify and nurture gatekeepers and Centers of influence in Motor Dealerships / branches/ insurance companies to increase the market share.
- Conducting training sessions to ensure that Group staff understand the VAF / IPF product.
- Collecting Market information on product, competition, pricing etc
- Keep abreast of industry practices, legislation, and current regulatory developments.
- Identify and manage business risks from both a customer and bank perspective by ensuring that appropriate control mechanisms are in place to minimize risk exposure.
- Responsible for the adoption within Vehicle and Asset Finance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- New business targets met and exceeded (Drawdowns)
- Quality growth in market share.
- Leads followed up quickly and converted into actual sales.
- Acquiring of new high value, quality relationships.
- Retention of satisfied and well-informed customers.
- Adherence to laid down procedures, policies as well as credit and legal requirements.
- High sales closure rate.
- Development of a strong referral network.
- Cost-efficient and professional customer service provided by efficient query/complaint resolution and an effective calling programme.
- Networking with key suppliers in Customers, Branches, Group Companies, motor dealers, insurance companies and other intermediaries, VAF/IPF Business Support, VAF Credit,
- Debt Management to maximize sales and cross-selling opportunities and draw on their expertise and support in concluding deals.
- Maintaining internal and external relationships is vital to the successful attraction of VAF/IPF business volumes.
- Strong network/ referral base.
PROBLEM SOLVING, PLANNING AND DECISION MAKING
- By understanding the VAF/IPF product end to end, knowledge is applied in the resolving issues with the Customers, Motor Dealers, VAF PFC, Debt Management etc
- Resourceful, able to find practical ways of generating new business opportunities, translate these opportunities, targets and plans into day-to-day activity scheduling.
- Plan sales activities to meet and exceed targets.
- Formulate action plans – set goals, standards and priorities.
- To advise customers, the ability to objectively assess their financial requirements in line with our lending policy is needed.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the operating environment to ensure that customer’s
- needs are met.
- Quick to identify and act upon potential sales opportunities.
- Able to take the initiative within limits of authority.
Knowledge, experience, and personal competencies
- Degree from any reputable university; Any field of study.
- At least 2 years’ experience in VAF.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com on or before 25/01/2024.