Human Resources , Project Management, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs,
Strategic People Project Manager
The Rainforest Alliance are looking to bring in an experienced & innovative Strategic People Project Manager to join the People Strategy & Culture team within the HR department.
The Strategic People Project Manager will be responsible for developing & delivering strategic People programs that deliver value throughout the organization, from organization design, analytics, through to culture interventions. This individual is required to be able to lead such end-to-end projects & programs partnering with many different stakeholders across the world. We are looking for a candidate that is a strategic and analytical thinker with strong project management skills and a drive for results. Aside from this, we are looking for a colleague with great interpersonal skills and organizational sensitivity to become part of our highly dynamic international organization.
We realize we are looking for a unicorn, but trust you are out there waiting for this amazing opportunity to come by and apply for
- Support design and development of people & culture programs to foster positive employee engagement and cultivate a culture of continuous learning and improvement;
- Own and lead end-to-end Strategic People projects, including large-scale long-term projects;
- Work in partnership with Talent & Learning and PBPs, to drive adoption and ensure seamless implementation and collaboration across our HR department;
- Bring in analytical skills and expertise to support the development of impactful people dashboards for the board, executive leadership and management;
- Implement People projects framework, establishing & monitoring timelines, setting milestones and deliverables, dependencies, issues and risks; and supporting People colleagues to embed project management disciplines in their work, as required;
- Facilitate collaboration and feed-back loops across People department and with other key stakeholders, in order to support with ideating, validating, piloting and ensuring user-centricity remains at the forefront of project design.
- Master in relevant field (Human Resources Management, Organizational design etc.)
- Project and/or change management certification(s);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Project Manager, preferably in People realm;
- Significant experience leading People projects within a complex & changing international organization, from design to implementation;
- Strong business acumen and stakeholder management skills;
- High level of integrity and professionalism;
- Demonstrable experience of leading change management initiatives;
- Experience in a consulting role or with consulting background is highly desirable;
- A strong communicator, able to lead and influence without authority;
- Must be pro-active, creative, self-driven and able to work collaboratively;
- Ability to travel.
Lead, User Experience (UX)
The Technology department is responsible for the Development, Realization and Implementation of the strategic Digital Product Roadmap for Rainforest Alliance (including all supporting Technology processes), for all Global Business Initiatives and Assurance programs. “Information Office’’is one of the four teams under Technology Department.
It’s responsible for planning and leading implementation of leading technology ecosystem that will enable achievement of the 2030 strategy. Ensure alignment of technology investment and initiatives with the business goals, requirements and expectations and ensure optimal utilization of investments in technology and delivery of services by the technology vendors across the organization.
Within the Information Office is the “Business Architecture” team. This team is responsible for ensuring business strategies, goals and objective are translated into optimal business process for automation. The team is also responsible for ensuring user requirements are clearly communicated through leading practices such as user of personnas to describe end users of the applications, user stories and customer journeys. The ‘Lead UX’ will be part of this Business Architecture team and will be charged with ensuring RA solutions are designed to present best experience for internal and external users. He/she will work with the rest of Data and Technology team to over see design, implementation and adoption of leading UX design tools, frameworks and processes.
- Develop roadmap that will enable RA close the UX related gaps in the software development process
- Define necessary policies, standards, processes, templates, etc to enable RA adopt leading practices on usability/UX
- Implement the defined policies/processes/standards with the product owners, DevOps manager and the existing UX designers
- Perform user research through qualitative enquiry, quantitative data analysis and user testing to capture user goals, needs and expectations
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, Concept Owners, Product Owners and Customer Success on the identification of UX opportunities and UX gaps in existing solutions
- Collaborate with Dev Ops, Architects, Product Owners and Developers to implement design solutions.
- Hands-on support for ongoing projects by working with other UX designers in RA or at development organizations
- Lead other UX designers to build out a coherent experience across user journeys, and to develop and expand our design system
- Champion a customer-centric approach to design and development, advocating for user/customer engagement and empathy
- Act as a subject matter expert in an agile team and advocate good practice, in end-to-end product design processes from discovery to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability (5 years’) leading UX design in a lively software development organization/team
- Experience with UX for mobile (Android & Apple) applications and web platforms
- Strong visual, interaction, UX design and prototyping background
- Relevant experience in User Flows, Journey Mapping and conducting collaborative workshops
- Experience with at least one UX design and prototyping tool (Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD…)
- Experience with user stories, personas, customer journey mapping or service blueprints
- Experience working with Agile Frameworks e.g. Scrum or SAFE. A certification is a plus.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral. Fluency in other languages is a plus. Languages spoken by RA Platforms users include English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Indonesian.
The Lead, LandScale, is responsible for evolving and delivering the strategy and business plan for LandScale, ensuring that the initiative is fully integrated into the core offerings of the Rainforest Alliance’s 2030 strategy, delivers maximum impact and generates sufficient revenue to become cost neutral. As the Lead, LandScale, you will coordinate a dedicated cross-functional team within various Rainforest Alliance business units to enhance and expand the functionality of the LandScale system, provide technical support and validation services to paying users, strengthen awareness and credibility of the LandScale brand, and drive use of LandScale by landscape initiatives and landscape supporters. You will also be responsible for convening and maintaining relationships with the LandScale Steering Group, which comprises senior representatives of Conservation International and Rainforest Alliance, and the LandScale Advisory Board, which comprises senior representatives from LandScale’s partners and thought leaders in the field of landscape sustainability.
Be responsible for and lead the LandScale offering within the Rainforest Alliance. Including but not limited to:
- Lead – and expand as appropriate – the LandScale Steering Group and Advisory Board. This includes ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clear, facilitating meetings, and optimizing the role of these groups as strategic advisors and ambassadors for LandScale;
- Align with and coordinate closely with relevant Rainforest Alliance departments for a successful LandScale implementation (e.g., integrate work with Regional Programs, corporate communications, data and technology teams, assurance, fundraising, and programmatic specialists);
- Coordinate and facilitate a core team to maintain a 2-3 year rolling strategic plan for the LandScale initiative which has support from both internal and external stakeholders;
- Facilitate the development and lead all aspects of the implementation of a cross-functional work plan by the core LandScale team. This must be aligned with the strategy and available budget, and incorporate all relevant grant deliverables;
- Promote clear and regular communication and a strong sense of team spirit within the core LandScale team. Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of their respective responsibilities, decision-making and the available budget;
- Lead all aspects of the delivery of LandScale’s current market offer (i.e., The use of the assessment tool and provision of the validation service), with a focus on increasing operational efficiency, ensuring quality and consistency in the service provided, and optimising user-experience and satisfaction;
- Through cross-functional support, and the within the Global Programs department, find opportunities to expand LandScale’s offer and/or further integrate it with Rainforest Alliance’s other offers;
- Develop new and maintain existing partnerships that can support the delivery of LandScale’s strategy;
- Maintain the relationship with LandScale’s key donors, and ensure that all requirements of grants to the LandScale initiative are met;
- Work with the Institutional Relations team to secure additional grant funding for the LandScale initiative;
- Work with the finance team to forecast revenue and plan expenditure, ensuring that an integrated and up-to-date budget is maintained;
- Represent LandScale and the Rainforest Alliance in conferences, webinars and meetings with key customers and partners, and;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
You should have:
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in forestry, agriculture, natural resources, environmental management, international development, economics, social sciences, or a related field;
- At minimum ten years of progressively responsible professional experience, preferably with proven experience of scaling a market-driven sustainability initiative, standard or product;
- Broad and deep technical expertise in the sustainability issues associated with natural resource management. Experience of designing and/or implementing sustainability standards and/or monitoring and evaluation systems would be a plus;
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with donors, NGOs, agribusiness companies and/or financial institutions;
- Sound staff management experience and project management experience, with demonstrated success in managing results-oriented and collaborative multi-stakeholder partnerships;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead by influence rather than authority;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, comfort working in a cross cultural and multi-time zone environment;
- Experience of working in a customer facing role and/or a start-up environment is a plus;
- Experience of working with a digital product is a plus;
- Willingness to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally, as required.