Business related jobs, Marketing jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Computer science jobs, Information Systems jobs, Insurance jobs, Actuarial science jobs,
Officer – Alternative Channels
Job Ref. No: JLIL171
The job holder is responsible for supporting and facilitating the implementation and management of alternative channels for the organization. The primary purpose of this role is to enhance customer access, convenience, and engagement by leveraging technology and innovative channels to deliver products and services. The job holder should have excellent communication skills as well as sales ability and should be meticulous in keeping records, and able to handle all aspects of making a sale.
- Alternative Channel Development: Assist in the identification, evaluation, and implementation of alternative channels to expand the organization’s reach and improve customer interactions. This includes digital platforms, mobile applications, insure-tech, self-service kiosks, and other emerging channels.
- Technology Integration: Collaborate with the IT and technology teams to ensure smooth integration of alternative channels with existing systems and infrastructure. Monitor channel performance and identify areas for optimization.
- Customer Experience Enhancement: Work closely with the Customer Experience team to design and deliver seamless and user-friendly experiences across alternative channels. Gather feedback from customers and stakeholders to drive continuous improvement.
- Channel Performance Analysis: Analyze data and performance metrics of alternative channels to measure their effectiveness. Prepare reports on channel usage, customer behavior, and transaction trends to inform decision-making.
- Compliance and Security: Ensure that all alternative channels comply with regulatory requirements, security standards, and data protection policies. Implement necessary controls and measures to mitigate potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Training and Support: Provide training and support to internal teams, including customer service representatives and sales staff, to ensure they are equipped to assist customers using alternative channels effectively.
- Marketing and Promotion: Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop marketing and promotional campaigns to increase awareness and adoption of alternative channels among customers.
- Innovation and Research: Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to alternative channels. Conduct research and benchmarking to identify new opportunities for enhancing customer engagement.
- Vendor Management: Liaise with third-party vendors and service providers responsible for alternative channel solutions. Manage vendor relationships and contract negotiations to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Budget Management: Assist in preparing and managing the budget for alternative channel initiatives. Monitor expenses and ensure cost-effectiveness in the implementation and maintenance of these channels.
- Business Development: Meet and exceed sales targets.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements and internal policies, ensuring compliance in all aspects.
- Implement and uphold robust data protection and privacy practices, safeguarding customer information and ensuring confidentiality.
- Compliance: Stay updated with insurance regulations and best practices to ensure compliance with industry standards
- Adherence to the laws and regulations of Kenya, the policies and regulations within the insurance industry and all internal company policies and procedures.
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship while maintaining a conducive work environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop initiatives that promote a positive and inclusive company culture.
- Individualized Development Planning: Create personalized development plans that align with your career aspirations and the organization’s objectives.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex pension concepts and provide clear and concise explanations to customers.
- Financial Acumen: Sound understanding of financial concepts, investment products, and retirement planning strategies to deliver knowledgeable advice and recommendations.
- Sales and Business Development: Ability to identify opportunities for business growth, promote additional pension products or services, and generate leads or referrals.
- Strong understanding of alternative channels and digital technologies.
- Analytical skills to interpret data and performance metrics.
- Customer-centric mindset and focus on enhancing user experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory and security requirements for financial services.
- Adaptability to technological advancements and industry changes.
- Problem-solving abilities to address channel-related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance, Business, Marketing or any other related course
- Diploma in Insurance
- TDPK Qualification
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar role
Chief Financial Officer
Job Ref. No: JHIL096
To lead, manage and set standards for the finance and accounting team within Jubilee Health Insurance Limited for purposes of establishing, controlling, and monitoring annual, quarterly, and monthly reporting for the entity to ensure delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Among other responsibilities the job holder is also responsible for: Supporting the CEO in the development of strategy with supporting budgets and business plans; Overseeing the tax planning, reporting and tax compliance the Company in accordance with the local tax laws and regulations and best practice and taking due assistance of the external tax advisors.
- Financial Strategy: Develop and implement financial strategies aligned with the company’s overall business goals and objectives.
- Risk Management: Assess financial risks and develop risk mitigation strategies to safeguard the company’s financial health.
- Provide leadership in the development of continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives with supporting financial analysis and evaluation.
- Ensure the financial benchmarks and targets are in line with the Jubilee Group standards and communicated and implemented across all business lines and branches.
- Provide leadership and coordination of the Budget process and ensuring the budgets are financially reasonable and reflect the strategic initiatives of the Company.
- Provide financial direction on potential Mergers and Acquisitions or country expansion activities, or major Board initiatives, including the preparation of business plans and budgets for potential new operations.
- Provide financial expertise and insights to support strategic decision-making and communicate financial performance and risks.
- Working closely with the Asset Management Company, coordinating the investment strategy to optimize returns and monitor and manage Asset and Liability matching.
- Foster strong relationships with banks, financial institutions, and rating agencies to optimize financial partnerships and enhance the company’s reputation.
- Implement and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure the accuracy of financial records.
- Ensure the implementation of all new regulatory requirements and accounting standards, on a timely basis and actions to minimize impacts are anticipated through detailed analysis.
- Agree and evaluate targets (budget and performance) to steer and motivate the department according to agreed performance management and budget targets.
- Oversee the activity of the external auditors and actuary.
- Coordinate with the internal and external actuary to ensure timely completion of statutory valuation and reserve calculations and additional projects as required.
- Oversee and deliver the annual audited financial statements and annual reports.
Classified as Confidential Recipient Only
- Review and analyze financial data and performance against plan and industry overall performance, including analyze and report financial information to management and the Board within agreed timelines including profit & loss statements, capital investment, budget allocation, cash flow forecasting and asset-liability management.
- Enhance the utilization and proper functioning of the integrated financial and management information systems.
- Advise and be a point of reference for the CEO and Board of Directors in all financial matters.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports required by regulatory and industry bodies.
- Maintain effective models of the business to support the business planning process.
- Implement systems to enable management of expenses and capital needs within budget.
- Establish and maintain effective financial controls, policies, and procedures to ensure accuracy, integrity, and compliance.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with insurance industry regulations, financial reporting standards, and governance guidelines.
- Internal Controls: Establish and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure accuracy of financial records; Assess financial risks and develop risk mitigation strategies to safeguard the company’s financial health.
- Stay updated on finance related, industry regulations, compliance requirements, and best practices.
Leadership & People
- Team Leadership: Provide strong leadership to the finance team, fostering a culture of accountability, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, such as executives, board members, auditors, and regulators.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, such as executives, board members, auditors, and regulators.
- Serve as a financial advisor to the executive team and collaborate with other departments to achieve financial goals.
- Strong proficiency in Financial Analysis and Reporting
- In-depth knowledge of insurance risk management
- Thorough understanding of insurance accounting principles and regulations
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Investment Management
- Strategy and business acumen.
- Risk management and controls
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS 17 standards and practical experience in their implementation
- Masters in a Business-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience in a similar or equivalent Senior Management role. Candidates with an Audit experience will have an added advantage.
IT Risk and Compliance Manager
Job Ref. No. JLIL130 (Re-advertised)
The IT Risk and Compliance Manager, will serve as an expert advisor to all stakeholders in defining, recommending, and implementing necessary policies, controls, and procedures to cost-effectively assess and manage security-related risk, educate workforce, and support/participate in regulatory IT compliance activities, especially with regards to, data privacy, cybersecurity, IT disaster recovery management, IT risk management and related legislation.
- Support the company strategy for access controls, compliance, audit, and penetration test remedial actions tracking that supports the business and support units and enables risk management and regulatory compliance. The challenges include identifying where and how we use data; determining what tools and technologies we should deploy; ensuring that preventive/detective/corrective controls are in place and functioning effectively; staying current with government regulations and commercial agreements governing the use of data.
- Organize and lead IT Risk/Compliance training programs across departments, to educate and inform employees about our practices and standards, raise the level of cooperation, and help people understand the rationale for the rules.
- Manage internal and external audit and testing programs, reporting risks and compliance areas that need correction to the senior management team and prioritizing the said work.
- Reviewing and responding to security questionnaires and contract questions from customers on Jubilee’s information security policiesand practices.
- Assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network and on information technology infrastructure and applications.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a global risk framework (a single view of the company’s risk profiles andtolerance.)
- Oversee information security governance & compliance consultancy to the Jubilee Holding companies.
- Manage the group ITDR program aligned to best practice as captured in the ISO 22301:2019 and ISO27001:2013.
- Support & oversee the implementation of ISO 20000 compliant IT Service Management Systems (ITSMS)
- Support the scoping & remedial tracking of security assurance audits, including technical infrastructure security assessments,
- Application Penetration Testing, Mobile Application Testing, Web application testing and governance audits.
- Support the design of robust security and privacy technical controls architectures to support the inhouse data privacy program.
- Delivery of Cyber Risk, IT Risk and Enterprise risk management training
- Provides reports to leaders regarding the effectiveness of IT controls adopted for governance, information security and data privacy.
- Work with integrity, passion, and commitment through:
- Full compliance of Jubilee Insurance’s non solicitation policy
- Protection of company’s data base, IP, strategy and secrets, sensitive, personal, and confidential client data c. Any other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Strong knowledge and experience of applicable frameworks and regulatory requirements, e.g., ISO 2700x, ISO20000 series, NIST
- In-depth knowledge of security, risk, compliance issues, techniques, and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or another related field.
- CISSP/CISA/CISM/CRISC certification.
- ISO27001/ ISO2000 Lead Implementer certification.
- 4+ years’ experience of working in an information security role, IT Audit, or IT Risk with a good understanding of information security risk assessments.
Head of Actuarial & Analytics
Job Ref. No: JHIL095
As the Head of Actuarial & Analytics, you will be responsible for developing and executing the strategic vision for the actuarial department in the Company. This includes setting long-term goals, defining key performance indicators (KPIs), and aligning the actuarial team’s efforts with the broader business objectives. You’ll need to analyze market trends, regulatory changes, and industry developments to shape the actuarial strategies and ensure that they support the organization’s growth and profitability targets while leveraging on your technical knowledge to support strategy delivery.
Main Responsibilities Strategic
- Provide Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement Actuarial Strategies aligned with the overall organizational objectives, risk appetite and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for business growth by leveraging actuarial expertise. Collaborate with other teams to develop and refine insurance products, pricing strategies and underwriting guidelines based on actuarial analysis.
- Collaboration with stakeholders: Work closely with senior management and other departments to provide actuarial insights and support business initiatives.
- Industry Knowledge and trends: Stay abreast of emerging actuarial methodologies, industry trends and advancements in actuarial technology and evaluate their potential impact on the organization.
- Actuarial Analysis and Modelling: Oversee Actuarial Analysis; including pricing, reserving, financial forecasting, and capital modelling to support business decision making and financial planning.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Oversee the preparation and analysis of Actuarial reports, financial statements, and management information for internal and external stakeholders.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement, automation and efficiency enhancements within the Actuarial function promoting best practices and innovation.
- Risk Assessment and Management: Assess and monitor risks related to insurance products, investment portfolios and other financial liabilities and develop risk management strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure Compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and industry standards, staying updated on changes in regulations and incorporating them into actuarial practices and reporting.
Leadership & Culture
- Relationship Building: Cultivate strong relationships with business leaders, regulators, industry associations and external partners to foster collaboration and represent the organization’s actuarial function.
- Leadership and Team Management: Lead, monitor and develop the team fostering a high-performance culture and ensuring the development of technical skills and professional growth; Set clear goals provide guidance and support and conduct performance evaluations for the team; Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages innovation and continuous learning.
- Actuarial Modelling
- Statistical Analysis
- Risk Management; including understanding of risk measurement methodologies and frameworks such as Var, Solvency II, IFRS 17
- Financial Reporting
- Pricing and Product Development
- Data Management and Analysis
- Communication and Presentation
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science
- Professional Actuarial Qualification (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience in a similar or equivalent Senior Management role in Actuarial. Experience in implementation of IFRS 17 for short – term business would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.