Confectionery jobs, Hospitality Management jobs, Business Administration jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Marketing jobs,
Sales Manager – MICE
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager – MICE, will be primarily responsible for developing new business opportunities whilst assisting in the management of the Hotel’s existing accounts to ensure growth in revenue for MICE segment. All duties that are carried out should be in accordance with Fairmont Standards and legal requirements.
- Prospects and develops new business continuously through phone solicitation, outside sales calls, customer visits to the hotel, trade shows, sales blitzes, direct mail, newspaper/journal research and other customer interaction or research.
- Drives and manages group production through improved customer loyalty by excellent account management.
- Determines the accounts’ needs, Hotel’s objectives, and marketing activities of each assigned market/account.
- Negotiates transient and group rates for assigned accounts.
- Continuously communicates the benefits of the Hotel to clients and have excellent product knowledge.
- Understands and is familiar with the fundamentals of assigned accounts.
- Identifies new or existing markets/accounts that meet property sales strategy.
- Be accountable for all targets and goals set for area of responsibilities.
- Develops marketing intelligence, new products ideas, competition activities, new customer trends and performance
- Assist clients in planning, contracting, organizing, and executing various events.
- Act as the primary point of contact, providing personalized end-to-end solutions and ensuring the smooth operation of events and great quality of relationships with clients.
- Adherence to all the Fairmont sales guidelines and timescales for the collaborating together with section heads to ensure details to all events are met properly priced
- Be the ambassador of the Hotel by ensuring that the image presented in the manner of dressing and grooming is consistent and at a standard that reflects the Fairmont
- Lead in developing as well as implementing the process of developing sales leads
- Closely working with section heads to ensure smooth coordination of events
- Blocking and booking of events and meeting space and management of the OPERA sales and Catering system
- Accurate and complete entry and configuration of all necessary data into the OPERA sales and catering system
- Full knowledge of the Hotels Conference packages, F&B offerings, Rate structures for accommodation, Presidents Club, among others
- Drawing up and sending out event proposals and contracts and ensure the adherence of the payment procedures and policy is followed fully.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- At least 3 years of progressive hotel sales experience required for premium brands within the hospitality industry with successful track record in either hotel or resort sales
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all guests and Clients as well as work on multiple projects
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite Programs, Opera knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with virtual tools for the purpose of sales & customer engagement.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Enthusiastic, with good problem solving abilities and professional communicative skills
- Excellent command of English, other languages would be an added advantage
Director of Sales – Leisure
- Reporting to the General Manager, as the Director of Sales – Leisure you will be responsible for driving revenue growth and developing relationships with leisure clients to maximize occupancy and achieve sales targets. Your exceptional sales skills, deep understanding of the luxury leisure market, and ability to provide personalized experiences will play a crucial role in enhancing the hotel’s reputation and ensuring guest satisfaction.
As part of your role you will:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to attract leisure travelers, including individuals, families, and groups, in alignment with the hotel’s overall sales objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with travel agencies, luxury groups and other key leisure industry partners to generate business opportunities and increase market share.
- Identify potential leisure clients and conduct thorough market research to understand their preferences, needs, and trends in the luxury travel sector.
- Proactively engage with existing and prospective clients, including conducting site visits, participating in trade shows, and hosting familiarization trips, to showcase the hotel’s unique offerings and amenities.
- Prepare and present persuasive sales proposals, contracts, and presentations to clients, addressing their specific requirements and promoting the hotel’s value proposition.
- Coordinate with various departments within the hotel, such as reservations, operations, and events, to ensure seamless execution of leisure bookings and exceptional guest experiences.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities, and customer feedback to identify areas for improvement and develop innovative strategies to stay ahead in the luxury leisure market.
- Prepare accurate sales reports, forecasts, and budgets, regularly updating the sales director and senior management on performance, challenges, and opportunities within the leisure segment.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging destinations, and luxury travel experiences to provide recommendations and continuously enhance the hotel’s leisure offerings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality management, business administration, or a related field.
- Proven track record of a minimum of four (4) years in luxury hotel sales, with a demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed management’s expectations.
- Good network and existing relationships with leisure-focused travel agencies, luxury tour operators.
- Initial knowledge of the luxury leisure market, including standards, customer preferences, and key industry players.
- Good communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with clients and build long-term relationships.
- Good presentation and proposal development skills to showcase the hotel’s unique offerings and value proposition.
- Proficiency in using Opera and other sales tools to track leads, manage accounts, and generate reports.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a proactive and results-driven attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to create reports and identify sales opportunities.
- Flexibility to travel as required for client meetings, industry events, and hotel visits.
- As Executive Chef, you will establish and execute the strategic operations of the culinary section for the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club in Kenya, enhancing the local authenticity and locally sourced products to deliver a unique guests experience through a culinary journey.
- In this role you will work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure that the each of the culinary vision for the property is achieved. You will provide sound leadership and training that will enable the culinary team of professionals to produce quality products and memorable experiences while ensuring sustainability is achieved.
- As hands on Executive Chef, you will be working alongside and with your team to empower and transmit your “know-how” through up to trends and classical cuisine.
Culinary Daily Operations
- Oversee culinary operations in all restaurant’s Kitchens, including Pastry, Main Kitchen, and Banquets, outside catering as well as Stewarding operations.
- Focus on constantly improving the training manuals and SOPs. enforce operational standards that are reviewed periodically for improvement.
- Buffet & A La Carte expert due to various theme outlets and operation’s requirements
- Modern approach, enhancing product’s benefits and transformation accorodng to the nature of the property
- Familiar with “Farm to Table” concepts
- Participate actively in quality initiatives such as the daily Chef Briefings and monthly team meetings in order to improve culinary operations, meet targets and keep communication flowing.
- Assist in inventory taking and ensure sections have all they need for sound operations
- Ensure to keep updated of hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements and communicate the same to the teams.
- Prepare menus in accordance to the various seasons and events, closely liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager for seamless executions.
- Work on new concepts to expand the offer and the quality of the guest food experience
- Work together with Pastry Chef on modernization of the pastry offerings – latest trends
Financials, Budget and Costing
- Ensure that recipes and costings are established and updated Work on the budget together with FB manager when requested
- Control and monitor optimum food costs to yield maximum amount of outlet profit and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Maintain food cost by ensuring that proper preparation, inventory, requisition, food pars and control systems are in place in all food operations areas.
- Achieve departmental budget goals by maintaining efficient cost expenditure.
- Accurately forecast business demands on a weekly basis to ensure efficient staffing & food production.
- Responsible for the sections CAPEX and OPEX
Hygiene and Safety
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation, work closely with the hygiene manager to ensure all areas are as per standard
- Ensure all tools and equipment’s are up to working standards for the hotel
- Enforce sanitation by checking to pass audit score target
- Be aware of the dangers of contaminated food and ensure ingredients in the refrigerators are checked and replaced appropriately.
- Responsible to maintain the overall welfare and engagement of the culinary team by providing them with the training and resources to take care of our guests
- Lead the Culinary Performance Reviews, ensuring appraisals and feedback sessions are held in a professional and timely manner.
- Establish training schedules, provide teaching moments for the team
- Work closely with culinary leaders and supervisors to coach and counsel the team so as to ensure performance and discipline management remains objective, consistent, fair and progressive.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef in a 5 star luxury/premium property.
- African property experience.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A creative approach to the production of high quality food.
- Excellent leadership & training skills.
- A business focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen.
- Ability to build relationships, internal and external, to the hotel and the Company.
- Builds guest loyalty and to develop to a professional relationship with regular guests and patrons.
- Continually improves product and obtain feedback from guest and patrons.
- Handles customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action after consultation with the department head concerned.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the DOO from time to time.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that support ‘Planet 21’ initiatives (Accor’s Corporate Social Responsibility program).