Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Supply Chain Management jobs,Procurement jobs, Finance jobs, Business Administration jobs, Insurance jobs, Finance jobs, Nursing jobs, Clinical Medicine jobs,Surgery jobs,
Senior Procurement Officer
- Procurement Strategy: Participate in the preparation of the annual procurement plan. Ensure the procurement strategy is aligned with the company’s objectives, including defining sourcing approaches, supplier selection criteria, and cost-saving initiatives.
- Supplier Management: Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on quality, pricing, delivery, and other relevant criteria. Maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, monitor their performance, and address any issues or concerns.
- Contract Negotiation: Negotiate and finalize contracts with suppliers, ensuring favorable terms and conditions that mitigate risks, protect the company’s interests, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Purchase Requisition Processing: Review and approve purchase requisitions, ensuring accuracy, adherence to budgetary guidelines, and compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Purchase Order Management: Generate and manage purchase orders, track deliveries, resolve discrepancies, and ensure timely receipt of goods and services.
- Cost Control: Monitor and control procurement costs, identify opportunities for cost savings, and implement strategies to optimize procurement spend.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure compliance with internal policies, legal requirements, and ethical standards in all procurement activities. Conduct risk assessments and implement appropriate measures to mitigate procurement-related risks.
- Supplier Performance Evaluation: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and conduct regular supplier performance evaluations to drive continuous improvement and maintain a high level of supplier performance.
- Process Improvement: Continuously review and enhance procurement processes, systems, and procedures to increase efficiency, streamline workflows, and improve overall procurement operations.
- Reporting and Analysis: Prepare and present reports on procurement activities, including spend analysis, cost savings, supplier performance, and compliance metrics.
- Preparation and/or endorsement of the tender strategy proposal, bids opening, bids evaluation, asset disposal, and order award proposals, including communication of results from bids and undertaking negotiations where required.
- Organize travel logistics as per the company travel policy.
- Manage the coordination of the disposal of obsolete goods.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop and execute procurement strategies aligned with business goals.
- Negotiation Skills: Proficiency in negotiating contracts, terms, and pricing with suppliers.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Strong relationship-building and communication skills to foster productive partnerships with suppliers.
- Analytical Thinking: Capacity to analyze data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions to optimize procurement activities.
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in reviewing contracts, purchase orders, and other procurement-related documents to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify and address procurement-related challenges and find effective solutions.
- Financial Acumen: Understanding of financial principles and cost analysis to control procurement spend and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Stakeholder Management: Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal stakeholders across various departments and levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field.
- IT proficiency (especially excellent command in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Professional certifications in Procurement (e.g., CIPS, CPSM) would be an added advantage.
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role.
Claims & Benefits Officer
- The role holder is responsible for efficiently managing and administering claims and benefits processes to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services to policyholders. This role plays a critical part in maintaining customer satisfaction and supporting the overall operations of the Claims department.
- Process Claims: Handle the end-to-end claims process, including receiving, reviewing, and validating claim applications, determining eligibility, and assessing the required documents. The role holder will also highlight any fraudulent claims.
- Benefit Administration: Administer various benefits such as death benefits, disability benefits, retirement benefits, and other relevant policy provisions, ensuring compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Documentation Management: Maintain accurate and organized claim and benefits documentation, including records of policyholders, beneficiaries, and relevant correspondence.
- Customer Service: Respond to inquiries and provide assistance to policyholders, beneficiaries, and internal stakeholders regarding claims, benefits, and policy-related matters.
- Payment Processing: Coordinate with the finance department to ensure prompt and accurate processing of claim payments and benefit disbursements.
- Compliance and Audit: Adhere to internal procedures, regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices to ensure compliance and participate in internal and external audits when required. Recommending and advising on risk management technics and controls based on claims experience.
- Reporting: Prepare reports and maintain data related to claims and benefits activities, including claims settlement ratios, turnaround times, and other relevant metrics.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify areas for process improvement, propose solutions, and actively participate in implementing enhancements to streamline claims and benefits operations.
- The role holder will also monitor and reduce policy premium suspense on closed policies.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to carefully review and analyze claim applications, documentation, and policy provisions to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Customer Focus: Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively address customer inquiries and concerns.
- Analytical Thinking: Capacity to evaluate claim information, assess eligibility, and make sound decisions based on available data and policy terms.
- Problem Solving: Aptitude for identifying and resolving issues or discrepancies in claims and benefits processes.
- Time Management: Effective prioritization and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Teamwork: Collaboration with cross-functional teams, including underwriters, actuaries, and finance personnel, to facilitate smooth claims and benefits operations.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changing business needs, policies, and industry regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field.
- IT proficiency (especially excellent command in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Professional certifications in insurance would be an added advantage.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of legislation governing Retirement Benefits and Insurance in Kenya will be an added advantage.
Job Ref. No: JHIL076
- Undertaking of admissions (including declines).
- Data collection for Pre-authorizations and high claimant bills.
- Ensure appropriate Turnaround Time is adhered to in issuing inpatient and outpatient approvals.
- Seeking medical clarifications including medical reports, copies of investigation reports, etc.
- Broker/customer relations by communicating all necessary admission claim decisions on a timely basis.
- Care Management – Through due diligence, ensuring undertakings are issued in line with the policy provisions. Likewise for declines, ensuring that the decisions are accurate and a correct interpretation of the policy.
- Work with the inpatient claims assessor(s) for inpatient claims and coordinating on any information noted in the inpatient claim submitted especially in cases where further information provided changes the position undertaken previously on the claim.
- Reviewing medical pre-authorizations for compliance with applicable policy guidelines.
- Interacting with clients, brokers and clinicians as needed, to resolve problems in a manner that is legal, ethical, and consistent with the principles of the policy.
- Checking and confirming membership validity and benefits (from the scheme benefits file).
- Handling of coverage enquiries with brokers, providers, members etc.
- Vetting and confirming validity of the service given by the service provider in relation to the benefits covered, treatment given, adherence to provider panel rules and cost of treatment.
- Obtaining additional required information on claims from providers, brokers, or clients.
- Liaising with our underwriting section on scope of cover for various schemes.
- Assisting in conducting provider audits wherever necessary.
- Client presentations and member education on wise utilization & risk management.
- Managing the 24-hour emergency helpline.
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing or clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Insurance Professional qualification
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and packages
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the insurance industry.
Method of Application
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, Please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 12th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.