Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Government jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs, Administration jobs,
Roving Secretary (Administrative Assistant)
- This is a Full Time position that reports to various sections throughout the Embassy, providing administrative assistance as needed.
- As directed by Section Chiefs, duties include administrative functions: i.e, draft correspondence, diplomatic notes and demarches; type reports and cables; prepare briefing books and talking points; answer telephones and screen calls; take accurate messages; meet and escort visitors and work crews; sort and distribute mail; organize and maintain paper and electronic filing systems; schedule and take notes at meetings; schedule appointments; and perform other administrative support functions.
- Works directly under the supervision, direction of the Section Chief and indirectly reports to the Supervisory Human Resources Officer (S/HRO).
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two years’ experience in Administrative and clerical office experience is required.
- Incumbent will need to have a broad knowledge of the Embassy, including all Agencies.
- The incumbent will interact with employees from the Embassy and other Agencies as well. Job holder must have a good general knowledge of agency correspondence and other applicable office procedures.
- The incumbent must be able to respond to some questions from VIP visitors and the Front Office regarding Area. Confidentiality is imperative.
- Must be able to interact with VIP visitors and the Front Office.
- A High School Diploma is required.
- English Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required as well as proficiency in Microsoft Suite to include PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and in house applications such as MyData and MyServices.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks to accomplish the workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are mandatory to develop cooperative working relationships.
- Could work flexible hours and in different sections at short notice.
- Requires a TOP SECRET security clearance.
Deadline – 05/23/2023
Senior Financial Analyst (CDC)
- The job holder is a senior financial analyst responsible for 1) the day-to-day analysis of fiscal data for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Division of Global Health and Tuberculosis (DGHT) Kenya (CDC Kenya DGHT) field office, 2) preparation and execution of the CDC Kenya DGHT country program budget, and 3) financial oversight of CDC Kenya DGHT’s implementing partners (IP) cooperative agreement (COAG) portfolio including, but not limited to providing technical assistance to ensure compliance with United States Government (USG) federal appropriation and federal assistance law and tracking the submission and follow-up of annual audit reports to the CDC Office of Grants Services (OGS).
- The job holder works in close contact with CDC technical program staff of different disciplines and interacts with administrative offices at the US Embassy, other USG agencies (e.g., USAID, Peace Corps, DoD, etc.), and CDC Headquarters (HQ).
- The financial analyst implements and maintains an efficient and effective fiscal and operations management system that supports the entire CDC/DGHT program in Kenya. The incumbent supervises one Financial Management Analyst.
- The job holder reports to and is directly supervised by the CDC Kenya DGHT Deputy Director for Management and Operations (DD) GS15 – 96CD0079.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- The job holder must possess a minimum 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in finance management and business management. J
- ob history must include experience as an auditor and as a finance manager of a non-profit organization and/or a government entity.
- The job holder must also have minimum 1-year supervisory experience.
- The job holder must have expert knowledge of overall management principles, guidelines and procedures related to the administration of cooperative agreements, as well as related audit and accounting requirements for USG agencies and for COAG partners.
- An in-depth understanding of the structure and functions of the Agency’s role and function in support of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is required.
- The job holder must also have a detailed knowledge of the host country operational environment, including a good understanding of host government laws and regulations regarding public health-related implementing agreements and fiscal management.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Auditing, Commerce, Economics or Finance is required.
- English level 4 – Fluent, written/spoken, including the ability to translate and Kiswahili level 3 – good working knowledge, written/spoken.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The job holder must be able to work independently to assess inconsistencies in complex financial data and to assist technical staff in review of budgets for technical projects. the job holder must possess standard personal computer skills with extensive experience using word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Keyboarding skills that include both speed and accuracy are required.
Deadline – 05/26/2023