Banking jobs, Actuarial Science jobs, Finance jobs, Business Administration jobs, Risk Management jobs, Law & Legal jobs,
Head of Community Banking
Lead implementation and execution of a business development strategy to support growth and business development to enhance the organisations presence and reputation within the general insurance industry. Manage key internal and external relationships across the broker, intermediary and customer market to drive the organisations multi-product / multi-channel initiatives to achieve the organisations business plan targets.
- Lead the implementation and execution of a business development strategy to support growth and business development to enhance the organisations presence and reputation within the general insurance industry.
- Drive the achievement of new and existing business profitability and growth targets by ensuring that services and solutions provided to brokers and / or intermediaries meets or exceeds defined service level agreements across the product/s lifecycle as measured in a performance metrics plan.
- Manage relationships with the broker channel and ensure effective broker service levels.
- Identify and create coordinated business development opportunities.
- Ensure a consistent, detailed understanding amongst all team members of the business development targets, goals, performance levels, products, business rules and conditions.
- Manage campaigns and interventions in line with opportunities, available resources, product scope and best practices.
- Manage the allocated business development, incentive and expense budget for the team against set targets.
- Manage all costs, resource capacity planning and utilisation to support the achievement of business development targets, volumes, operational budgets and plans.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve and expand product and service offerings.
- Actively manage and report on the achievement of business development targets as well as industry performance and trends.
- Lead the measurement, assessment and reporting on the performance of teams against targets and industry norms.
- Translate strategy into relevant service standards and processes, setting, communicating and measuring the corresponding operational measures and targets.
- Deliver new business opportunities in the intermediary market in support of the segmentation strategy.
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Operations and Claims to develop or enhance the current underwriting strategy with the intent to manage the risk and quality of the business being underwritten, while driving growth targets.
- Proactively monitor sales trends and identify and implement corrective actions as required.
- Lead the implementation of measures that monitor the quality and speed of services provided to brokers / customers.
- Ensure that risk is managed optimally within the technical framework particularly in risk acceptance and underwriting appetite.
Risk and Compliance Officer
The purpose of this job is to support the Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance function through the implementation of the Risk Management and Compliance Framework within the standards defined by the Group, including the identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of risk and enforcing compliance with policies, processes, procedures and controls.
- Monitor implementation of the Group’s risk policies, procedures, standards, systems and guidelines and identify gaps to be closed
- In conjunction with the Group Head of Financial Risk, conduct stress tests, sensitivity analysis and simulation to update the Board and EXCO on the risks that the company is facing and how to mitigate them
- Monitor full compliance against established risk standards/benchmarks and regulatory requirements, including transaction monitoring, tracking risk & compliance matrix and review of reports sent to the regulator
- Identify potential areas of risk and control gaps; provide guidance on how to mitigate the risks identified; conduct follow-up to ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Provide the necessary awareness among management and staff through guidance, communications, and training to ensure compliance with the company’s framework and methodologies, including internal policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Provide regular reporting as required on risk and compliance, including Dashboards and Reports for Financial, Operational risk, compliance and AML/CFT reports, quarterly Board reports, and Risk Management Reports MANCO
- Adequacy of personal competence through continuous professional and technical education to effectively perform risk and compliance tasks
- Conduct identification and assessment of the risk gaps for each functional area /department of the company and recommend controls to reduce residual risk.
- Conduct independent monitoring and oversight of the risk appetite limits.
- In conjunction with the Group Head of Financial Risk, conduct gap analysis and stress tests for market, credit risk and liquidity risk to update the Board and EXCO on the risks that the company is running and how to mitigate them.
- Prepare periodic reports to regularly update the financial and operational risk exposures and circulate them to the various Heads of Department for action.
- Review of Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), incidence reports, key risk indicators (KRIs), loss data collection, and conduct other risk analytics.
- Assist in the development of the company Risk management standards reviews of all policies, policy guidelines and procedures that provide direction on processes within the company.
- Assist with conducting compliance risk assessments with a focus on AML/CFT and assess AML/CFT risk from new products, delivery channels, and services and conduct annual AML/CFT risk assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, business administration or related field
- Professional certifications or qualifications in Actuarial Science or Risk Management required.
- A minimum of 5+ years in mid-level risk management experience in the insurance sector.
BA, Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Laws (LLB).