Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Project Management, Data Science, Research
Senior Manager- Project Management
- Reporting to the Corporate Centre IT Lead, the position holder will ensure that the projects are in line with the overall company strategy in order to drive the project management culture and discipline across the Digital IT organization.
Demand Management & Prioritization
- Develop, define and implement the overall projects demand management structure & prioritization processes
- To ensure project requests/demand prioritizations are carried out in line with organization’s strategic goals and based on defined parameters
- To initiate, participate and contribute (at a high level) to any ongoing business activity which will impact the projects demand pipeline.
- Build an overall demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as in an ongoing basis (mapped against annual plan).
- Manage list of project demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as in an ongoing basis
- Maintain catalogue of all projects planned and ongoing across the business and categorize project requests based on categories of Promotion, Enhancements and Key projects
- Partner with business leaders at all levels to identify short and long-term divisional and enterprise wide projects to be undertaken to support execution of the Safaricom 3 year strategy.
- Secure senior leadership sponsorship of programs and approval of objectives.
- Rollout global project management framework
- Develop and maintain a project and enhancement roadmap aligned with business priority, delivery capacity, technical dependencies and ongoing project portfolio.
- Enforce adherence to Safaricom project management standards
- Promoting project management within the organization
- Undertake post-launch reviews of key projects
- Resolve issues and conflicts related to the interdependency of projects
- Develop and monitor divisional and enterprise wide project budgets.
- Create and rollout standardized project management templates to be used across the business
- Ensure processes are in line with other company processes and procedures to ensure proper service delivery and alignment to ISO processes.
- Coordinate the development of SLA between business units and other support functions i.e. Risk, HR, Supply Chain and Technical & IT.
- Increase employee engagement index for the Project Management team in line with set targets
- Provide mentorship and coaching Project Managers that oversee all system delivery efforts within the organization
- In liaison with Resources develop competencies of personnel, including training and mentoring for project managers.
- Lead and manage the projects office team, ensuring they have clear priorities and direction and remain motivated by providing effective management and coaching
- Ensure project teams develop and maintain resource pool and skill inventory
- Ensure resource requirements, gaps in the project and hiring requirements are addressed
- Ensure resource deployment plans in collaboration with Project Managers are implemented
- Ensure knowledge transition for new resource happened and tracked in the report
- Review and assist project teams in developing the Business Case
- Ensure tangible/intangible benefits of projects are identified and documented
- Ensure project KPIs are identified, tracked and documented
- Ensure benefit registers are updated and documented
Reporting and Dashboard
- Ensure status of all project delivery across all phases, project issues, project risks, and project plans are tracked and communicated
- Ensure resource allocation, utilization, knowledge transition and resource availability are tracked and communicated
- Ensure benefit realization after project implementation and benefit register are tracked and communicated
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management certification Prince II or PMP and / or Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt.
- Have 10 years work experience in the Telecom/ICT space of FMCG; 5 of which must be in senior Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and information technology
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in a cross-functional or matrix organization.
- Requires strong experience in business and solution development, project/program management, and project delivery in a technology space.
- Experience developing complex, multi-year project plans to meet business objectives within budget
- Very Strong understanding of the system development life cycle
- Very Strong understanding of the project management and testing life cycle
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization
- Proven experience in risk management and change management
- Proficient in project management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to all levels of the organization including EXCO
- Solid understanding of project management methodology to identify and communicate issues, risks and dependencies across a large-scale program
- Experience using automated project management governance tools
Treasury & M-PESA Operations Analyst
IMPORTANT: Write a Perfect Cover Letter in minutes and start getting interviews! Get expert advice as you write.) Use These Examples Proven to Work.
- We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Treasury & M-PESA Operations Analyst within Finance shared services department under the Finance division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below
- Reporting to the Team Lead-Treasury and MPESA Operations, the individual is responsible for ensuring Bank reconciliations are completed on time and reviewed on a daily basis, all Banking’s are verified daily and correctly captured in ERP, Manage Float requirements for M-PESA organizations, ensure accuracy and completeness of all Bank & M-PESA transactions in accordance with company policies and International Accounting Standards. The position holder will also handle other day to day M-PESA & Treasury functions as assigned by the Team Lead.
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership
- Responsible for preparation of daily bank reconciliation of all the bank accounts maintained by the company
- Ensure timely resolution of issues to do with the transmission of data between the bank and download into ERP
- Ensure all reconciling items appearing on the bank reconciliation are properly supported by a detailed listing and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure timely and accurate monitoring of all payments made to the bank and charges levied are as per contract terms
- Ensure that monthly bank charges and interest income are prepared for review by Treasury & M-PESA Operations Team lead.
- Ensure correspondence to the various partners (Banks, retail centres, & Credit Control etc) is actioned within 24 hours
- Ensure timely Snap-shot submission in the M-Pesa system before the new day’s file are uploaded
- Respond in a timely manner to queries addressed to the M-PESA & Treasury team from all stakeholders
- Ensure Daily Float Application within set SLA’s
- Ensure timely Transaction Revenue reconciliations and subsequent withdrawal of the same
- Undertake timely reconciliations and settlement of partnership revenues and subsequent booking in the GL for reporting.
- Ensure timely month end reporting including all P&L schedule Balance Sheet schedules by expected Timelines
- Perform any other duty as assigned.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant CPA (K)/CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent with an honors degree from a recognized university
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Demonstrable strong numeric and analytical skills
- Hands on experience working with mobile money platforms and accounting systems e.g., Oracle, Hyperion, SAP, BI etc.
- Good communication skills
- An independent thinker, shaping processes, controls, and systems.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to details.
- Self-driven, results oriented, proactive and an ability to work without supervision.