Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Supply Chain jobs, Logistics jobs, Business Administration jobs,
Logistics Officer -Travel and Transport
The Logistics Officer (Travel and Transport) is responsible for managing and reporting of all IRC Travel, fleet and transportation activities and functions and ensure that all IRC Travel, transport, fleet operations and Admin functions are conducted with adherence to IRC policies and procedures and reporting accuracy.
Travel and Transport
- Act as focal point for all travel and transport-related matters including flight bookings, accommodation for travelling staff and servicing of taxi requests.
- Timely planning, communication, and coordination with the requesting staff/programs regarding their travel requests
- Liaising with travel service providers and airlines for provision of travel services
- Ensure up-to-date records are maintained for flights, accommodation, and taxi bookings.
- Collect and share market intelligence information that may be critical for effective provision of Travel and Transport services.
- Monitor the performance of transport and travel service providers and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Support and provide appropriate trainings for Logistics and non-logistics staff on travel and transport management as may be required.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of Global Supply Chain KPIs and improvement initiatives
- Any other relevant duties may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in the acquisition, operations, and maintenance of the organization’s fleet of motor vehicles.
- Oversees scheduling and dispatch of operations for vehicles and drivers for effective operation and program support.
- Develops and maintains vendor and service provider relationships for fuel, Repairs, maintenance, and other fleet essential services.
- Ensure country fleet insurance policy coverage are secure & Valid and participates in accident claim follows.
- Develops and implements safety, preventive maintenance, and accident.
- prevention programs. Knowledge of OSHA and fleet-specific regulations, licensing, registration, and reporting requirements.
- Manages the fleet reporting and analysis.
- Monitor fuel consumption and check fuel cards/accounts.
- Keep up with government rules and regulations; also ensure country fleet tax requirements are met.
- Creates and Maintain driver files.
- Maintain vehicle purchase, Repair, maintenance & movement/Log sheet records.
- Conducts vehicle inspections and risk assessments.
- Ensure drivers comply with recommended driving hours.
Compliance and Ethics
The Logistics Officer (Travel and Transport) is responsible for implementing donor rules & regulations for all Travel and Transport, Identifying, and analyzing compliance risk in Transport and travel processes through: –
- Provide consistent and constructive Transport and Fleet support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- identifying and reporting red flags,
- Implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
The Logistics Officer (Travel and Transport) is responsible for preparing and submitting accurate: –
- Monthly Transport and Travel reports to supply chain coordinator by 4th of every month,
Key Result Areas:
- Establishment/maintenance of efficient and effective travel and transport operations, including mechanisms for timely compilation and sharing reports.
- Support capacity development of Travel, Transport staff to ensure they perform their duties effectively.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator.
Position directly supervises: Logistics Assistant, Drivers and Interns in Transport and Travel unit.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels,
External: Travel Agents, courier, and Taxi services providers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration with qualification in travel Management or related field.
- 4-5 years of work experience in supply chain operations.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- High degree or personal integrity
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Access
- Demonstrable knowledge of Travel Agencies
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of personal motivation and initiative; ability to work without/under minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Pro-active problem solving and analytical skills
- Good inter-personal relationship skills.