Computer Science jobs,Building Economics jobs,IT jobs, Engineering jobs,Social Sciences jobs,Law jobs,HR jobs,
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Provide support to the Bank in construction, project management, maintenance and security of the Bank’s capital assets in particular Bank premises with emphasis on construction issues.
- Manage and oversee routine scheduled maintenance work and respond to equipment faults and carry out quality inspections on jobs.
- Ensure proper contracting, cost management and value management for Bank’s construction, refurbishment and maintenance projects.
- Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Supervise projects in liaison with the Bank’s consultants, to successful completion within the shortest period as may be agreed from time to time.
- Manage construction costs in the new outlets and other refurbishments as may be agreed from time to time.
- Prepare/Review blank bills of quantities and other tender documents to be issued to contractors for tendering.
- Liaise with procurement team and external consultants on all tender processes including shortlisting of contractors, tender invitations, tender opening and tender evaluation.
- Prepare valuations for in-house projects, evaluate and monitor payments to contractors at various stages of construction.
- Ensure complete and proper documentation of all on-going and completed projects such as contracts, performance bonds, and all necessary documentation.
- Prepare repair specifications, select suitable contractors to carry out the works and prepare maintenance tender documents.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Building Economics or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Preventive and Active maintenance skills, Construction & Project Management skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent business skills and knowledge of managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
- Advanced report writing and presentation skills.
- Sound ability to prioritize, time-manage, and honor deadlines.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the Enterprise Architecture objectives are consistent with the Banks’s long-term business objectives.
- Gather business requirements through discovery sessions then define, design and develop custom made based on customer needs and continuously work other teams to streamline internal process to improve service delivery then deliver new and complex high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements.
- Recommend and participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture.
- Recommend and participate in the development of architecture blueprints for related systems.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Collaborate with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the Enterprise Architecture. Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level.
- Ensure that the overall ICT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its security and quality.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business skills to influence functional strategy.
- Utilize high level analytical ability and creativity to analyze complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess opportunities, impacts and risks while developing and implementing plans and solution deliverables to customer problems.
- Provides guidance to team members (Project managers, Architects, Sales Specialists, and other IT Specialists, among others) in area of new and complex implementation and/or management tools and techniques.
- Ensure architectural documentation relating to current implementations, prototyping, performance testing and providing growth and scalability plans for the system, provide production support as well as design and deployment of advanced collaboration platforms within an Enterprise soft skill.
- Ensure knowledge management, this will involve participating in, and/or being responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse Co-operative Bank’s intellectual capital. This will also include actively participating in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT, engineering or related discipline.
- Expert knowledge across multiple Platforms, Processes and IT Architecture.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Technology infrastructure design and planning.
- TOGAF certification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with or leading a Service Oriented Architecture integration environment.
- Strong background in understanding organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, and use of the same in developing IT strategies and solutions.
- Analytical with good project management and team leadership skills.
- Excellent Presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in the use of notable industry tools.
Employee Relations Advisor
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Liaise with team leaders to ensure consistency of disciplinary procedures in the network.
- Study reported disciplinary cases and advise on the relevant disciplinary actions.
- Study investigation and audit reports and take relevant disciplinary action.
- Communicate disciplinary decisions to line managers and ensure proper implementations of actions
- Investigate and respond to all queries raised by the Union or line managers on staff disciplinary matters.
- Organize and constitute the Disciplinary Hearing Panel and staff discipline matters.
- Co-ordinate in liaison with the Bank’s advocates all litigation cases for ex-staff and attend to Industrial Court as the Bank’s Witness on all litigation matters.
- Support Bank subsidiaries in handling disciplinary matters when called upon.
- Provide expert advice to line managers on legal implications of disciplinary actions as they relate to the labour laws.
- Act as a centre of expertise for the organization on matters pertaining to employee relations.
- Seek support for the Bank’s employee relations strategy from stakeholders.
- Monitor on a regular basis changes in labour laws and keep managers informed.
- Undertake regular consultations and negotiations with the Union.
- Attend to and represent the Bank at the Ministry of Labour conciliation meetings.
- Liaise with Kenya Bankers Association and Kenya Institute of Bankers on employment related matters.
- Ensure the Bank’s HR policies are aligned to the existing labour laws.
- Represent the Bank and participate in Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations with the Union.
- Ensure that the Bank applies and practices the best labour practices and that the Bank adheres to all provision of labor laws and other relevant statues.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Law (LLB) from a recognized university with 2-3 years of demonstrable HR experience in a busy environment.
- A Higher Diploma in Human Resources with I/CHRM or other professional body membership.
- A detailed and working knowledge of the provisions of the Labour Laws with practical experience in Employee Relations.
- A good awareness of the internal and external industrial environment with detailed knowledge of the Bank’s disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in Human Resource policies, processes and strategies.
- High level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to use appropriate styles and methods of communication to ensure a professional yet personal customer service; excellent spoken and written English.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with others – at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to remain calm, focused and organized and to deliver results on time when under pressure and with rapidly changing circumstances.
Systems Analyst – MTO Integrations
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
Oversee resolution of systems related problems with the Banks MTO integrations.
- Handle queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
- Attend to systems failures and resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem including liaising with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalation.
- Maintain an up-to-date system issues log and enforce change control procedures to assure business continuity in cases of system failures to avoid business disruption.
- Assist audit in fraud investigations and implementing corrective measures.
- Work closely with all IT functions to ensure systems are up and running at all times.
- Escalate system issues to Head of Unit and further to software and hardware vendors
Lead implementation/upgrade (projects) of MTO integrations
- Prepare and sign-off Project Initiation Document, obtain approval to commit required resources.
- Ensure that systems are designed and configured as per the requirements of the users i.e. conceptualize and provide the best approach to achieve or automate business requirements from the users.
- Provide test systems for UAT and ensure that functions/features are tested before being put on the live system.
- Develop and maintain documentation on system configuration or setup.
- Provide resources/assist in user training.
- Application tuning and performance monitoring
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures including running BCP Drills as scheduled on DR systems installed.
- Advise and sensitize the top management to facilitate decision making in regarding I.T. matters.
- Conduct post-implementation audits and provide cost benefit analysis.
- Manage contracts and SLAs with respective vendors.
Manage maintenance of the systems once installed and provide guidance to users in line with the Business requirements of the organization
- Ensure that the tariff changes are affected on the system on due dates.
- Maintain the required system configuration and parameterization as required by the business and technology.
- Plan and develop implementation costs estimates.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to secure data.
- Ensure that all applications are fully licensed.
- Ensure Patch and Version Management
- Ensure Compliance to regulatory bodies
- Policies, procedures and guidelines for information processing and outputs are well documented, details available and well understood.
- Keeping required administrative passwords in the safe e.g. administrative access to some of the systems.
- Software security assurance and confidentiality maintenance.
- Review and implement Audit and compliance recommendations provided by both internal and external Auditors.
- Guide / Support the team members in closure of issues and projects
- Mentor / coach team members for effectiveness and performance improvement
- Vendor relation /follow-up in respect to support issues.
- Other duties as allocated from management.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related studies from a recognized university with at least 2 years experience using/supporting ICT systems
- Must have knowledge in Linux and windows operating systems
- Understanding and experience MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle Databases
- Knowledge in Open APIs, SOAP and REST API’s end points
- Knowledge in SOA(Service Oriented Architecture) and ESB(Enterprise Service Bus) technologies – preferably TIBCO
- Knowledge in working with agile methodologies
- Working knowledge with various MTOs (MoneyGram, Remitly, Paysend, Transfast, Terra-pay, World Remit , Instant cash, AceMoney, TapTap Send, Thunes,)