- Residential location (if applicable): Grade: GS3
- Staff Member / Affiliate Type: General Service
- Reason: Regular > Regular Assignment
- Remote work accepted: No
- Target Start Date: 2024-04-01
- Job Posting End Date: November 30, 2023
- Standard Job Description: Senior Driver
UN Jobs CV review >> Submit your CV here
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Driver mainly drives for the Head of Office and other high ranking officials. The incumbent is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate/Assistant or other staff member when the scale of the Operation so requires it. Besides driving, s/he is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While basic function of a Senior Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles and may perform clerical, maintenance and other support services that deem necessary for office administration. S/he may as well provide interpretation services.
The Senior Driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR Office and with others (including Partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving limited exchange of information.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Drive UNHCR vehicle mainly for the Head of Office and other high ranking officials.
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver and collect documents, and other items.
- Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards. d53l2ex B2wJsS
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local requirements, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc. and prepare reports on usage as required.
- Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
- In the absence of an interpreter, assist with basic interpretation services.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- For G3D – 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Driving License;
- Auto Mechanics Certificate;
Relevant Job Experience
- Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- DV-Driving Rules and Regulations
- DV – Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Desired Candidate Profile: The desired candidate should: – – Have served in the Executive office and high-level missions for at least 5 years. – Be flexible for working after office hours and overnight stays to serve VVIP missions. – Maintain high level of confidentiality due to nature of duties.
UN Jobs CV review >> Submit your CV here
I’m Daniel Mutuku, a Career Coach. I help professionals get jobs with the UN, NGOs and international organisations.
Discover and unlock your full career potential and achieve your top career goals. As your career coach, I will support you through the application process, all the way until you secure the job.
Professionals who want to get a job that pays them well for their skills, experience and who strongly want to be in charge of their professional life always have a COACH.
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”—George Eliot