Customer Care jobs, Sales and Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs,
Acquiring Service Agent
Responsibility for retention of existing and growth of new customers. Each Service Agent to pro-actively manage all merchants in their area of execution. Some will cover vast areas according to merchant segmentation and will therefore need to be flexible to travel as required by the business and be able to deal with customers remotely.
To proactively recruit profitable new business and establish, manage and develop long term, Profitable Relationships, ensuring the provision of first-class customer service and maximizing business opportunities to achieve business objectives and goals.
Key responsibilities and approximate time split
Business Growth and Retention 50%
- Proactively create and develop business relationships with companies
- Implement activities to deliver value added products and services, generating increased income and revenue from existing merchants
- Fully understand the workings of ABSA, merchant pricing and risk issues.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with customers, engaging line managers at senior management or director level if called for towards the achievement of business objectives.
- Make sound commercial judgments in order to retain and fully develop customer base
Customer contact 30%
- The role holder is responsible for managing and responding to customer requirements, queries and complaints
- Establish, build, and maintain ongoing relationships with customers to develop and protect business income
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs and requirements of customers’ businesses
- Provide evidence of customer demand to influence new products / enhancements / solutions
- Apply knowledge and skills in resolving any challenges the merchant may face when using the Point-of-Sale terminals. It is Important that each Service Agent/ Relationship manager knows PDQ functionalities and acquiring systems to be able to manage customer expectations during their visits.
- Maintain and understand the business environment in which the customer operates
- Constantly update knowledge on all products and services offered by ABSA.
Planning and Execution 20%
- Responsible for developing a personal plan to achieve targeted objectives and goals
- Personal time management of day-to-day activities to maximise return on resources
- Keeping fully updated on customer activities, challenges and demands in line with business demands.
- Constant evaluation of portfolio to achieve profitability.
Premier Relationship Manager
Responsible for recruiting and maintaining a portfolio of premier clients, by selling a high-quality, relationship-oriented, financial planning service, supported by a dedicated Account Executive. Clients are recruited from the existing Bank customer base and externally with the aim of developing significant sales, and high levels of client satisfaction through a mutually beneficial relationship.
The client relationship is managed on a highly proactive and ongoing basis over an extended period. Whilst part of a team, the jobholder operates on a mobile basis, meeting clients at times and locations convenient to the client.
Relationship Management and Cross-Selling: Time split 85%
- Be the first point of contact for customers in the portfolio.
- Drive any required communication to customers in the portfolio.
- Proactively target and recruit clients, through referrals from existing customer portfolios
- Proactively engage customers in existing portfolios to onboard close family members as part of the family banking strategy
- Ensure new customers meet CLM Involved measures upon handover from the Premier Acquisition team. Involved tracking will commence from Day 31 to Day 90 and will ensure continued account funding, digital usage and product holding.
- Complete a detailed Customer Discussion Document for new customers upon hand-over from the Premier Acquisition team.
- Ensure the customer portfolio meets CLM Engaged measures – account funding, digital usage, and product holding.
- Drive increased assets balance sheet per customer, liabilities balance sheet per customer and revenue per customer through continued customer engagements.
- Monitor and ensure funding of Zero Balance Accounts, Low Funded Accounts, Inactive Accounts, and Overdrawn Accounts in your portfolio as part of ensuring funding growth.
- Ensure ongoing reviews of the Customer Discussion Document for each customer in the portfolio and drive satisfaction through proactive identification of identified clients’ ongoing financial needs and cross-sale of required solutions.
- Actively drive cross-sale targets for the portfolio across product lines – Assets, Liabilities, FX, etc.
- Proactive engagement of required business specialists to support the fulfillment of customer needs.
- Manage the client portfolio, making proactive contact on a regular basis and meeting clients at their convenience, and maintain an updated calendar/diary to track customer meetings.
- Ensure customers in the portfolio are contacted/engaged as per the laid down Premier Customer Engagement procedures.
Business Management: Time split 15%
- Ensure the targeted level of business results (i.e., income, balance sheet, costs, client satisfaction, and client recruitment) for the jobholder’s own portfolio are maintained.
- Review portfolio on a regular basis recommending clients.
- Adhere to standards, legal and regulatory, in accordance with the Absa Premier guidelines and Head Office instructions.
Risk and Controls
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Circa 2 years of team leader experience
- Record of achievement in a sales and service environment
- Experience in handling customer complaints
- Previous experience in handling operational risk issues
- Previous roles could include;
- Personal banker team leader
- Prestige team leader
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of the full range of Absa Africa retail product set and services and an overview of corporate and small business services
- In-depth understanding of technical support systems e.g. Flex, BOC, IBOC
- Detailed understanding of the retail network business processes and operating procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of operating instructions and audit requirements.
- Good understanding of Absa Africa’s risk policy
- Awareness of Absa Africa’s retail strategy, operating structures, and interfaces
- Knowledge of Absa Africa people’s policy and procedures
- Understanding of the local competitor market.
- Team leader experience
- Communication and Presentation
- Relationship management
- Resource management
- Business management
- People Management
- Performance management
- Business awareness